Church Description: WPW is a non denominational, multi-cultural church with a focus on family and community. We exist to reach people with the simple life-giving message of Jesus that they might realize all that God has planned for them.
Our weekend services are casual and are designed to reach the un-churched and un-saved and our small groups are geared towards encouraging and building great relationships with one another. We are located in Wilson, NC, right in the middle of everything; 45
minutes from the bustling traingle of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill and the college town of Greenville, NC, home of ECU.
Position Directive: To coordinate, conduct, produce, and overall lead the WPW Worship Department which encompasses vocalists, band members, and the production team. Position is preferably a combo position for youth ministry and will lead
the youth department for 6th-12th grade.
Position Description: The Worship Leader will be responsible for leading the worship portion of each service and event (conference, etc.) along with the WPW vocalists and band. While the position calls for the worship leader to be able to
train, educate and instruct vocalists to perfom solos and "lead" various songs, the worship leader is responsible for ensuring the worship portions of the service operate at a high level, thus, the worship leader should be able to handle lead vocal responsibilities.
This position is also responsible for all youth ministry services and events which include a weekly Wednesday night service and/or small group meeting or a possible monthly service.
- Experience either as a full or part-time worship leader or main vocalist.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of WPW.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader and musician.
- Experience in youth ministry and ability to lead and influence today's youth.
- A leader as well as a musician, perferably keyboard or acoustic guitar.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
- Skilled in vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection is a plus.
- A self-starter.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Experience using Planning Center is a plus.
- Lead worship vocally and instrumentally at weekly worship service and conferences.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship department of Wilson Praise and Worship.
- Plan the corporate worship services and conferences of WPW in consultation with the Associate Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service parallel the
vision and style of the Senior Pastor.
- Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, and coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Direct all weekly and/or monthly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship teams.
- Introduce worship teams to worship training whether it is provided by other ministries, books, and conferences or whether it is in-house. The goal is to raise up and equip potential worship leaders.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteer schedules of vocalists and band.
- Plan and conduct weekly and/or monthly youth services complete with live worship and preaching.
- Lead and develop small groups and small group leaders within the youth ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
*All applicants should submit a video link showcasing their instrumental and vocal abilities. Video can be submitted via Dropbox or other cloud storage service as well.