The Student Pastor is responsible for the oversight and development of staff and ministry initiatives for the Student Ministry areas of the church for students 7-12 grade and the 5-6 grade coordinator.
• Be the champion of discipleship as a direction and not a destination (program driven)
• Develop and implement a ministry vision and philosophy of Student Ministry.
• Establish annual goals with Student Ministry leaders that are consistent with overall church mission,
vision and values.
• Provide support in the development (recruiting, training and supervising) and nurturing of Student
• Supervise ministry leaders in the selection, training and evaluation of Student Ministry staff
• Oversee the selection of curriculum and other educational materials for all programs and activities.
• Provide administrative leadership for long-range planning, budgeting and calendar coordination.
• Meet regularly with the pastoral staff team.
• Committed to lost people. Willing to engage students in dark places of their lives.
• Committed to, and doctrinally aligned with, the Vision, Belief and Values of Crossroads Ministries.
• Has a love for Christ, His Word and the Church and is a mature Christ follower who is growing in grace.
• Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Ability to multi-task and stay on task with regular interruptions.
• Creative, detail-oriented, flexible and decisive with the ability to organize, coordinate work, set priorities,
create and maintain systems and motivate others.
• Experience as a leader of student or children’s ministries in a missionally focused church.
• Able to design a fresh and potentially unorthodox model of student ministry, which fits Crossroads
culture, and is in sync with future growth and the overall vision of the church.
• Able to manage and pace change to ensure sustainability.
• Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality with sensitive information.
• Demonstrates interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including strong listening skills. • Gifts of leadership, administration, encouragement and teaching.
• Personally practices being the primary faith-trainer at home with their own family.
Qualifications and Skills: