The Journey is a young, contemporary church in Boca Raton looking for a Director of Children and Students.
We are looking for someone who is ready to work hard, grow as a leader and life-changer in this important role on our staff and make a tremendous difference for Jesus Christ in one of the most beautiful and unchurched cities in the country!
Do you love children and are you excited to see them learn, grow and come to know Jesus personally?
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected to our Journey Kidz and EPIC Middle School team and challenging them to grow as leaders and in their faith?
Do you love South Florida and the families who live here - and are you committed to developing strategies to effectively reach young families?
Do you enjoy recruiting new volunteers and working with them to create a great environment on Sundays for children, families and first-time guests?
Are you passionate about following-up with kids and families who attend and seeing them assimilated into the church (from first-time guests to fully developing followers of Jesus)?
Are you committed to investing in parents and giving them the support and resources they need to raise their children in a godly way at home during the week?
Do you have a high view of ministry and of serving as part of discipleship? And do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched families?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
This is an equipping position that focuses on reaching and investing in children and families and recruiting and developing incredible volunteers to build a great team.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of The Journey’s children's ministry (Birth through 5th-Grade) and EPIC Middle School ministry (6th – 8th grad) and helping develop effective age-graded ministries beyond.
- Leading the Sunday Journey Kidz experience at two Sunday services and planning and leading family events during the week (at least 1 a month).
- Recruiting leaders and providing guidance for parents and Family Growth Groups each semester.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively, to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate and to communicate clearly.
- Organizational and administrative skills are a must.
- Must be extremely hard-working and bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the table.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A passion for ministry and South Florida
- A passion for kids and families - reaching them and seeing them come to Christ
- The ability to manage a large and growing Journey Kidz Team
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to communicate, lead small group trainings and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model is a plus
- A risk taker
- A passion for helping people take spiritual next steps
- A desire to not let anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why are you interested in this position?
(2) Why would you feel comfortable relocating to South Florida?
(3) What kind of experience do you have working with or serving in Children's Ministry in the church?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
Sorry, but contacting the church in other ways shows that you can’t follow instructions and thus you won’t be considered – ha (but true!).