JOB DESCRIPTION – Worship Pastor
TITLE: Worship Pastor
SUPERVISOR: Lead Pastor
Resume submissions: email@example.com
Eastmont Church: www.eastmontchurch.com
Worship Pastor Principal Functions:
- Oversee and lead all worship ministry aspects at Eastmont Church.
- Share in the pastoral care of the congregation and ministries.
- Education: BA/BS minimum preferred.
- Experience: 2 years minimum of full-time worship leadership preferred.
- A pastor at heart as well as a talented musician.
- Aligns with Eastmont Church’s beliefs and philosophy of ministry.
- Vocal & instrumental skill; shows ability to read and teach music, select and implement music.
- A/V knowledge and skill; shows ability to train and direct tech team members and coordinate all elements of public worship.
- A self-starter.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrates training, proficiency, and giftedness in all aspects of worship leadership.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
- Helpful skills: use of in-ear monitors and click/loop/multi tracks, graphic design, skill in personal development and mentoring of team members, use of Planning Center and Pro Presenter.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Comprehensive development, administration, and leadership of worship ministry.
- In collaboration with Lead Pastor, plans and leads components of weekly worship services and other events.
- Selects, trains, pastors, and leads church worship and tech teams.
- Comprehensive administration and leadership of Eastmont Church’s media across all genres: printed, digital, visual, social, etc.
- Responsibly fulfills administrative duties pertaining to Worship Pastor role, including but not limited to: managing the Worship and Tech budget, seeking appropriate Copyright approvals, and obtaining music for the team.
- Administration and leadership of all activities on stage for Sunday worship services and other events.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in the planning of the church programs that will fulfill the mission of the church including participation in pastoral, staff, and team meetings, and various church ministries as necessary and directed by Lead Pastor.
- Perform other responsibilities as determined by the Lead Pastor.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintain a vibrant faith and love relationship with Christ through personal Bible study, prayer, community fellowship, service and self-improvement.
- Participate in public services and activities of the church in the community.
- Participate in pastoral hospital visitations and other pastoral ministry duties in conjunction with pastoral staff.
- Participate in ministry programs, including encouragement and leadership of partners in ministry.
- Resume with complete education and employment history.
- Video sample of yourself leading worship.
- Photographs, videos, recordings, or professional portfolios
may be included.
- A one-page summary of your philosophy of worship ministry. (appreciated)
- A written testimony of faith. (appreciated)
- References: 2 pastoral, 2 ministry related, 2 other.
- Written paragraph responses to the following questions (appreciated):
- In your opinion, what are key elements to cultivating a healthy team environment?
- What is your approach to creating an environment that ushers people into worship?
- Why is serving as a worship pastor important to you?
- What is your style of music (genres, artists, favorite songs, etc.) and, if applicable, what is your theological reason for it?
Location: Bend, Oregon
Worship Style: Contemporary
Salary: to be determined based on qualifications and experience