NOTE: Please do not contact the church directly.
IMPORTANT: Please do not apply through the Church Staffing Website. You will
not receive any follow up by applying through the Church Staffing Website.
To view the full online profile visit: https://slingshotgroup.qwilr.com/WHITTIER-AREA-COMMUNITY-CHURCH-CHILDREN-S-PASTOR-PiQoIHqRduBB
Church: Whittier Area Community Church - Whittier, CA
Position: Children’s Pastor
Worship Style – Contemporary/Modern
Denomination – Non-denominational
Church size – 3,000
The evidence of Whittier Area Community Church’s (WACC) lived-out mission to create communities where every person is invited to GATHER in worship, GROW in a small group, and to GO serve our world is seen in their highly respected local and global
outreach ministries as well as strong ministries to the entire family. The church is well established with strong pastoral and lay leadership teams and, after major site remodeling in 2009, the beautiful campus and facility offers increased opportunities for
ministry. The weekend experience at WACC is central, filled with impactful worship and strong Bible teaching,
In 2014, John Riley became the new Senior Pastor of WACC. He had served as the Jr. High Pastor, High School Pastor, and Executive Pastor for several years before becoming the Lead Pastor. He brings a dynamic visual teaching style with fresh vision and direction
for the church. With John leading, the church has a very bright future and upward trajectory.
This momentum continues with a variety of programs and activities for children, Jr. High and High School students, a fully-developed sports outreach ministry (which runs multiple leagues a year), multiple opportunities for adult Bible studies, Women’s and
Men’s ministries, and care and recovery groups. All in all, there are well over 3,000 people who come through their doors each week.
Whittier Area Community Church was founded in August of 1971 by a dedicated group of approximately 300 believers who were full of joy and vision for Whittier. Prior to the hiring of a Senior Pastor, WACC was formally received into the Baptist General Conference
(now Converge Worldwide) where they have remained ever since.
The first Senior Pastor was Dr. Daniel Baumann who was hired in 1972 and served until 1982. By God’s grace, the church experienced rapid growth, and in 1975 the congregation was able to purchase 22 acres of rolling land on “the corner of Mar Vista and Colima,”
which has now become a landmark to many in the Whittier Area.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY APPROACH
WACC Kids is the dynamic children’s Ministry of WACC reaching 400 kids each week. They have dedicated spaces for both Early Childhood and Elementary. WACC Kids has been a cornerstone ministry of WACC and is known in the community as a place for families
and kids. They host a massive yearly VBS and focus on getting kids involved in ministry projects that serve the community. The Children’s Pastor gives oversight to all of the ministries from birth through 6th grade. The ministry areas of the Kids Ministry
WACC Kids Early Childhood(Infant-Kindergarten)
The early childhood ministry environment is fun and welcoming to families with kids. It’s designed with large classrooms equipped with tools that make ministry effective. For Pre-K and Kindergarten, the format is large group/small group and uses “Gospel
Light Preschool” curriculum from Gospel Light. In all nursery, preschool and kindergarten rooms there is space for kids to play and engage.
WACC Kids Elementary (1st-6th)
Kids arrive in dedicated classrooms for each grade for opening activities then move to the “the pit”, a theatre in the round that is surrounded by the small group rooms. They gather in large group for worship and the lesson for the day and then return to
their small group rooms for crafts and activities. They are currently writing their own curriculum in a large group/small group format. Volunteers are the key ingredients that make this environment tick and create an unforgettable experience for kids.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Deep devotion to God and love for His Word.
- Gifted leadership and communication skills (on and off the platform).
- Highly relational (caring and personable on an individual level).
- Articulate (able to communicate well on the platform and through media).
- Disciplined, innovative and creative.
- High ministry competency (a veteran of children’s conferences, networking).
- Able to be highly engaging as a leader of families.
- Able to develop a team-oriented culture through training, mentoring, and teaching.
- Experienced in leading ministries that reach 200+ children.
- Committed to, and doctrinally aligned with, the Vision, Mission and Values of WACC.
- Live a healthy balanced lifestyle that honors God, family and others.
Provides Oversight To:
- Administrative Assistant
- 5th-6th Grade Director
- Kids Church Director
- Early Childhood Staff Assistant
- Preschool Coordinator
- Provide overall leadership to the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Lead the structure and design of children’s weekend services in a team environment.
- Facilitate creative children’s and family events (VBS, camps and outreaches).
- Function as both an administrator and the face of the ministry to kids and parents.
- Redefine, revitalize and maintain a healthy and effective volunteer team of parents and teens.
- Realistically equip parents to be involved in the spiritual formation of their child.
- Build a family culture that is continually attracting new kids and families.
- Recruit volunteers and skilled staff.
- Develop current staff to grow into their God-given potential.
- Produce outreach-oriented events that are strategic to the overall vision and mission of the church.
- Develop a strategic plan in alignment with the overall church mission, vision, values and strategies.
- Oversee adjustment and implementation of an effective, long-term budget.
- Total compensation is negotiable based on experience and education.
- Entire package may be proportioned to accommodate the needs of person (salary, housing, retirement or health insurance).
**You must have at minimum 5 years of vocational/full-time church ministry experience to qualify for this role.***
Send your current resume to Sibs Meany - email@example.com.