Director Of Worship Arts, Full-Time
Maple Valley Presbyterian Church www.mvpc.net
+500 church in growing Seattle suburb seeks experienced worship director to lead 2 Sunday morning
modern worship experiences of Gospel-centered worship.
Key requirements include 5+ years of experience leading worship bands, excellent interpersonal skills, mature faith in Jesus Christ and Christian character, and alignment with the biblical values and tenants of The Evangelical Covenant Order of Presbyterians.
Job Description: Director of Worship
Purpose: To provide leadership in order to facilitate teams that construct the modern worship services of the church.
Accountability: The Director of Worship is accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the purpose statement of MVPC
- Participate regularly in the major adult ministries of the church; worship, small groups, adult education, conferences etc.
- Privately practice the spiritual disciplines of prayer, study, worship and the giving of tithes and offerings to the church.
- Seek to maintain a loving Christian relationship with one’s family, neighbors and co-workers and the church community. Participate in Peacemakers training and conflict resolution process.
- Facilitate the overall coordination of worship services by:
- Working with worship leaders and Pastor to plan the Sunday orders of worship and related special events; communion, baptisms, reception of new members, special programs etc.
- Supporting the spiritual life of the congregations through appropriate use of the Bible, hymns, praise songs and art forms.
- Plans (co-plans) special services.
- Facilitates, coaches and/or schedules worship teams including:
- Worship bands
- Special music; solos, trios, special groups etc.
- Special groups; children’s choir, VBS, Sunday school, preschool and guest performers.
- Serve as music and creative areas resource person for all functions of the church; banquets, retreats, celebrations, VBS, etc.
- Recruit, train and support people of all ages to lead the worship teams for adult & youth worship services.
- Advertise worship events
- Oversee stage design
- Oversee recruitment and training of Tech Team
- Special Projects as needed
- Facilitate weekly Worship Staff meeting
- Attend weekly Core Staff meeting and All Staff Chapel
- Attend weekly meetings with the pastors to integrate the sermon, special events, music and drama in the worship service.
- Attend Core Staff retreats
- Attend session retreats and session meetings as needed
- Performance evaluations will be conducted in accordance with the MVPC Personnel Policies
- Clear commitment to Jesus Christ and the church, evidenced by a mature faith and an ability to model that faith.
- Team player – willingness to commit time and energy into the development of a unified, honest and mutually edifying relationship with other church staff and lay leaders.
- Dependence on the Holy Spirit through prayer
- Prior experience in leadership of worship programs.
- A degree in music or equivalent experience and skills is preferred.
- Ability to incorporate a variety of vocal and instrumental groups, as well as lead worship.
- Performance skills in voice and at least one instrument.
- Interpersonal, collaborative and organizational skills (consistency, follow-through and framework/structure).
- Knowledge of various musical styles and forms of worship.
- Knowledge of Christian heritage.
- Openness to new forms of worship.
- Skills to plan, organize and coordinate a comprehensive church worship program.
- Ability to shepherd the worship leaders and encourage them to shepherd their worship teams.
Maple Valley Presbyterian Church
Maple Valley, WA
To Apply, send resume, cover letter and audio/visual demo files to email@example.com
For more information go to www.mvpc.net/worshipsearch