Part-Time Contemporary Worship Leader
New Braunfels, TX
We are looking for a musically-gifted, spiritually-mature, biblically-grounded Christian who will oversee all worship ministries at
Quest Church under the direction of our Senior Pastor, raising up additional leaders who can oversee various aspects of the worship team. The ideal candidate has experience leading worship and raising up additional leaders.
The Worship Leader will:
- Recruit and raise up additional leaders, delegating various worship team responsibilities to them.
- Organize and lead worship team(s) in corporate worship for Sunday service, fostering an environment that tends to lead people into an awareness of God’s presence (presence-based worship).
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor and church leadership to develop a culture of worship and praise consistent with the spiritual vision/mission for Quest Church.
- Recruit, train and mentor volunteer musicians and vocalists, training them to minister in presence-based worship and fostering their spiritual growth.
- Develop and coordinate worship, sound and media teams as needed for various Quest ministries and events, where applicable.
- Keep abreast of current trends in worship, sound, and media styles and practices, selecting music and worship media in consultation with the Senior Pastor to create worship services that are spiritually enriching and dynamic.
- Work collaboratively with sound and media volunteers to ensure musical production of high quality, raising up leaders to oversee these areas.
- Demonstrate skill and understanding in the use of worship-oriented technologies: sound, lighting, computer software, and video projection.
- Demonstrated experience and excellence as a worship leader and ability to raise up additional leaders.
- A clear testimony of faith and a vital, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Quest Church.
- A bachelor’s degree in music, Bible or theology preferred, but will consider equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to recruit and raise up additional leaders.
- A pastor’s heart and a musician's chops, with demonstrable evidence of leading worship.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading people in worship.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization and administration, or an ability to recruit and raise up a leader who can do this.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, various Presentation Software (i.e. Easy Worship, Pro Presenter, etc.), as well as various Planning Software (i.e. Planning Center or Google Share Drive, etc.)
- Familiarity with digital sound boards and running sound in general.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Make connections in the community (especially with lost people to set an example of pursuing the Great Commission) in order to recruit and raise up leaders and build the necessary teams to carry out the worship ministry at Quest Church.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Actively involved through participation in doing “life” with Quest Church.
- Plan worship services in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do that with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
- Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the service.
- Oversee worship song selection in consultation with the Senior Pastor, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals needed to facilitate music in the contemporary worship service.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship and media teams, or recruit and raise up additional leaders who can.
- Introduce our worship/media teams to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences, where applicable.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers, ensuring that expenses do not exceed budgetary constraints.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with church vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Recruit and equip leaders who can develop future Kids Choirs and/or Youth Worship Teams.
- Oversee all aspects of the worship life of Quest Church, recruiting and building up leaders who can help in this to ensure that everyone in the worship ministry is shepherded and growing in their skills, leadership, and as a Christian.
- To act initially as primary Worship Leader in the contemporary worship service, in time developing others who can lead.
- To lead or delegate someone to lead in spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
- To work closely with the Senior Pastor when planning services and selecting songs of worship.
Hours: 20 hours a week
Compensation: TBD. This position will be the first to be made full-time, and will be made full-time as soon as possible.
Vacation: Three weeks paid
Email or mail resume and links to any videos or recordings of worship leading to:
Quest Church of New Braunfels
1659 W State Hwy 46, Suite 115, Box# 460
New Braunfels, TX 78132