Bear Creek Community Church
Position: Youth Pastor or Associate Pastor (negotiable)
Church Size: 850 -1000
Job Type: Part Time 'Youth Pastor' or Full Time 'Associate Pastor of Student Ministries'
OUR MISSION: To connect people to Jesus, each other, and our community.
OUR CHURCH: The weekends at Bear Creek Community Church (BC) are designed with the whole family in mind and include inspiring contemporary worship, relevant biblical teaching, and age appropriate worship/teaching experiences for children
and teens. When coming to BC one will find a friendly group of people committed to making church the adventurous, life-changing, Christ-centered movement, and community, it was (and is) intended to be.
Between two Sunday morning services BC ranges from 900-1000 in average weekly attendance.
As a multigenerational and community-minded church, BC is committed to embracing multiple styles of music in order to best engage the mind, heart, & soul of every generation.
BC is well known throughout the community for its strong outreach programs and involvement in the community.
BC is in the final year of a thirty-six-month transition of senior leadership as the Founding Pastor (Bill Cummins) transitions from the front lines of ministry. Incoming Senior pastor (Paul Earwood) is thirty-six years old and brings vision, energy, and
leadership to an established, strong, healthy, growing, and financially-stable church.
OUR COMMUNITY: BC is strategically and centrally located between the cities of Lodi and Stockton, California in the heart of the beautiful San Joaquin Valley. Approximately half of the church members live in Stockton and half in Lodi. There
is a four-mile-wide agricultural buffer that separates the two communities and the church is located in that area. This agricultural buffer is primed for new housing and work has already begun with hundreds of homes scheduled to be built in the next three
to four years. BC is primed for growth!
POSITION: BC is looking for youth pastor whom desires to live for Jesus on and off the stage in exemplary fashion. BC is open to hiring either a part time youth pastor
or a full-time youth pastor / associate pastor who can contribute to the overall vision of the church.
The youth pastor at BC will be responsible to lead Sunday morning worship experiences each week.
The youth pastor at BC will be responsible to oversee youth CONNECT GROUP (small groups) one night per week in step with the church CONNECT GROUP schedule.
The youth pastor at BC must love young people, excel at building and strengthening relationships both with students, adult leaders, fellow pastors,
The youth pastor at BC must want to grow in interpersonal skills, effectiveness in the pulpit, and in general as a communicator.
Associate Pastor responsibilities to include overseeing CONNECT GROUP ministry for BC.
Associate Pastor responsibilities to include seasonal responsibilities (Harvest Faire, Easter events, etc.) as directed by supervisor.
Associate Pastor responsibilities to include general aid to ministries as needed and directed by supervisor.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Recognizes God’s call to ministry
- Shows fruit of personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Excels relationally
- Loves student ministry
- Shows strong desire to grow as a communicator
- Wants to be part of a larger team vision
- Works well with others
- Remains coachable
- Isn’t afraid of real-time feedback
- Isn’t afraid to try things
- Isn’t afraid to fail
- Demonstrates high levels of character
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity
- Carries understanding of sound theology
- Agrees with Biblical teaching – all the time
- Team Player
- Can work within established budget
- Sensitive to the Spirit of God
- Good problem solver
- Able to absorb and respond to criticism professionally
- Willingness to acknowledge weaknesses and improve
- Committed to personal growth physically, spiritually, inter-personally, etc.
- Committed to support local church by tithing 10% gross
EXPERIENCE: Preferred 24 months in leadership related to student ministry.
BONUS EXPERIENCE / TALENT: Ability to perform in various forms of media (i.e. video/graphics design); can lead worship experience weekly
SALARY: $Negotiable depending on part-time or full-time responsibilities
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor and Senior Associate Teaching Pastor
- (8a Arrival)
- (9a Service)
- Join pastors for morning prayer @ 8:30a in sanctuary
- Attend worship service with students - be present in lobby, etc.
- (11a Service)
- Facility prep – set up
- Worship Rehearsal
- Teaching / Preaching
- Activities / Games
- Participate in weekly meetings (Programming, Staff Meetings, Pastoral Staff Meetings)
- Plan, organize, lead, oversee, youth activities on a week to week basis
- Facilitate plan for summer camp
- Oversee board approved Youth Ministry Budget
- Meet agreed upon weekly schedule related to office presence
- Adhere to professional standards and adequate in correspondence
- Encourage, motivate, provide Biblical counsel, guidance to Staff, Elder Board, Board of Directors, Ministry Leaders, and others giving their time to BC
- Participate in weekly Pastor’s Staff Meeting (Tuesday, 10a)
- Participate in monthly Elder Board Meeting
- Model and remain strong example in lifestyle and leadership in followship of Christ
- Work closely with Senior Pastor and Sr. Leadership to insure student ministry is in alignment of the overall mission of the church
- Any other duties assigned by the senior pastor
THINGS THAT MATTER TO AT BC
- Prayer life (private & public)
- Maturity (spiritual & professional)
- Correspondence (timeliness, clarity)
- Contribution(s) in meetings
- Team player
- Time management
- Follow Through (without follow up)
- Self Confidence
- Communication (leadership doesn’t know what it doesn’t know)
- Commitment to raising the bar
- Personal discipleship
- Obedience to God
- Your happiness
- Having fun