Please follow the three steps to apply for this key position at our church.
1) Provide a cover letter.
2) In the Cover letter provide the links to several video's of you leading worship.
3) Provide your Resume with a recent color photo.
The Director of Worship has the important privilege and weighty task of bringing people into the presence of God. This happens primarily on a Sunday morning, where this person’s leadership and musical ability combine with the giftedness of others, under
the power of the Holy Spirit, moving the people in the congregation toward an experience with God. Other venues, such as holidays and special events which require elements of worship and music, will also fall under this role. This person will work with teams
of musicians, tech crews, creative arts teams, and the Lead Pastor to foster a deeper love and appreciation for our great God. Intentional, truthful, and creative inspiration through songs and other artistic elements are within the purview of the Worship Director.
- Maintain your personal worship by growing in your walk with Jesus
- Shepherd those on your team toward growth in Jesus
- Plan the worship service in coordination with Lead Pastor
- Weave all the elements of the worship service together ensuring cultural appropriateness and theological accuracy
- Recruit musicians and artists, and instill in them a bigger vision for their artistic gifts
- Build relationships and contacts with local musicians, clubs and studios for evangelistic and staffing purposes
- Oversee a Creative Arts Team
- Establish a culture of timeliness and excellence within the worship ministry
- Choose relevant and current songs and styles of worship
- Keep expansion and innovation values in the worship service
- Maintain a vibrant personal prayer life
The Director of Worship will report to the Executive Director but will work closely with the Lead Pastor and the Director of Tech/Communications specifically in planning and implementing weekly services and special events.
Key Skills, Experiences, and Abilities:
- Ability to lead, direct, and engage CCC attendees in worship
- Leadership development and management of volunteers
- Microsoft Office, iWork, PowerPoint
- Clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
- Clear calling of God to be a Worship Director
- Excellence as a singer
- Experience in the role of worship leading
- Degree in worship-related major or equivalent experience
- Planning Center Experience (Church Management Software)
- Event Planning
- Pro-Presenter Experience
Abilities and requirements:
- Fully agrees with CCC’s Statement of Faith and Core Values
- Has a pastoral heart and desires to shepherd people through worship
- Has a theological perspective in drawing people to God
- Has a specific desire to see people grow in their love for God
- Has an enthusiastic presence for leading in a larger church
- Understands contemporary worship dynamics in a larger church
- Has a relational and approachable demeanor
- Has a familiarity with current worship songs
- Has a basic knowledge of sound technology
- Preferred skills in guitar and/or keyboard
- Skilled in coordinating musicians and vocalists
- Skilled in organization, team-building, and recruiting
- Skilled in creativity and inclusion of other art forms in worship service
- Skilled in running rehearsals
Schedule / Hours
This job is a salaried position with a regular schedule of Sunday-Thursday
- Time: Full-Time