Position Title: Director of Next Steps Department: Clergy
Reports to: Campus Pastor Campus: Findlay
Average Hours per Week: 45 Salary
The Next Steps Director is responsible to help people discover and take their next steps in their walk with God. This includes equipping and constructing onramps and systems to help people transition from being a visitor at our church to getting connected
… through baptism, LifeGroups, Membership and Connecting events.
- Baptism – organize baptism team. Lead baptism volunteers and run baptism events. Administration of people being baptized.
- LifeGroups – develop, implement and oversee effective and ongoing training and encouragement for LifeGroups. Communicate via emails, phone calls, social media, and texting. Recruit, train, and mentor LifeGroup leaders/facilitators and
hosts. Oversee information tracking of small group participants, ensuring people stay engaged, don’t fall through the cracks and grow in their walk with God.
- Short-Term Groups – getting people involved in a group for a ‘short-term’ with the goal of them finding people they connect with to permanently get into a LifeGroup. Recruiting facilitators to lead group (4-6 weeks). Organizing & providing
curriculum and technology for class set up. Providing weekly update to help them feel informed.
- Membership – Coordinating with Adult Ministries and ministry team leaders in fulfilling the church’s mission and vision, by encouraging people to commit to CedarCreek Missional Membership. Must be a Missional Member in order to lead a LifeGroup
or ministry. Organize Missional Membership event 2x per year. Interview and communicate with anyone who has completed their missional membership.
- Guest Services – oversee weekend Guest Services / Next Steps ministry. Continue to recruit weekend volunteers to help visitors get connected. Personal discipleship with these volunteers to feel comfortable asking questions and directing
people to take next steps. Recruit liaisons to help our lead Pastor (someone he can hand off a visitor to help them get connected).
- Connect at the Creek – work with staff and volunteer team in developing a quarterly event to help people ‘get connected’ in some way at CedarCreek. Recruit volunteers as Table Hosts. Equip volunteers with information to help others understand
how they can get involved and what CedarCreek believes. Follow up, helping others to feel like they’re informed of what their options are in order to get connected, even if it’s to just ‘keep coming’.
- Being a tithing, Missional Member in good standing at CedarCreek Church
- Championing the 5 Agreements of CedarCreek Church
- Attendance at a weekend service and in an adult LifeGroup
- Modeling and championing the Mission, Vision and Core Values of CedarCreek Church
- Honoring the CedarCreek Church Staff 10 Points of Accountability
- Any additional requirements set by the Direct Report, Executive Director, and/or Elders
The Position will be evaluated by the following quantifiable measurements:
- Connect at the Creek Attendees
- Next Steps / Guest Services volunteers
The Position will also be held accountable for the following:
- Ensuring that Church, Campus, and Ministry values are upheld personally and among volunteers.
- Maintaining good fiscal responsibility, stewarding resources with excellence.
- Maintaining unity within the Arts Department, across all Campuses and Ministry Areas
- Maintaining a positive mental attitude regarding the Church and its leaders, Ministry Services, and in the presence of guests, staff, and volunteers at all times.