We are looking for somebody who has a huge heart for College Students and Young Adults, that is willing to be creative and dedicated to reaching students that normally wouldn't attend church. A person that is willing to meet students where they are at whether
they are on in school or out. Murfreesboro is home to MTSU, one of the largest state schools in Tennessee with over 20,000 students. There are also several smaller community colleges within 30 miles. We are a very relational and community driven ministry and
our overall goal is to get students plugged into to smaller community through our small groups.
- Leads College students and Young Adults into a deeper relationship with Christ (following the model of Matt. 28:19-baptizing, making disciples, and teaching)
- Creates a path following the Vision Statement of The Experience Community that allows students to move from worship, community, and into community service/leadership
- Authentic Worship- planning lessons, over-seeing worship teams, & creating a worship environment for Wednesday night gathering.
- Authentic Community- building relationships with students outside of church through being proactive and available, taking them on outings, retreats and trips, and seeking them out during Sunday services and plugging them into small groups.
- Authentic Community Service- planning opportunities for students to serve Christ outside of church through service projects, missions, etc.
- Maintains, oversees, and supervises the cleaning, maintenance, and up-keep of the student ministry facility
- Oversees all forms of communications for the College Ministry (social media, e-mail, phone-calls, etc.)
- Over-sees, leads, and communicates with College ministry team volunteers
- Prepares and organizes materials for weekly student ministry environments
- Prepares procedural documents (showing the processes involving getting new volunteers involved, small group leader process)
- Plans and coordinates events, outreaches, retreats and gatherings
- Invests relationally in students, to include time outside of scheduled church events (eats lunch with students on campus or off)
- Seeks opportunities to evangelize area students by being proactive in the local community and school
- Contributes and is a "team player" to the church's vision with other members of the ECC staff and volunteers (is willing to put aside personal preferences/agendas for the sake of the larger vision of the church)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Family Pastor