PLEASE APPLY HERE --> vsearch.ws/2qaaFMi
About the Organization:
Located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, we are a community of faith committed to connecting people with a life that counts for eternity by building disciples who go and change lives.
Our roots date back to 1883 when a group of believers met under the name Swedish Baptist Church. We took on the name Central Baptist Church in the 1920's and the legacy of our congregation includes a radio ministry which operated for more than sixty years,
a number of church plants and a now-complete campus located on Ralph Rogers Road, which includes a 1200-seat worship center, a family life center with full-sized gymnasium, and a preschool / kindergarten that serves more than 300 students each week.
We shortened our name to Central Church in 2015 as an adjustment to how we identify ourselves to our community. Theologically, we remain a Baptist church and the name change does not change any of our beliefs, mission, or our denominational affiliation.
People who are looking to attend a Baptist church will still be able to find us. But this rebrand allows us to more easily reach people who may be confused or skeptical about the label "Baptist."
We are actively engaged in missions work through a number of partnerships with local ministries and missionaries in the United States and overseas. We also hold a number of special events throughout the year including a number of concerts and the Global
Denomination: Affiliated with the Baptist Converge Network
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
About the Position:
The Executive Pastor serves as part of the Pastoral staff and works to create, enhance, and sustain a culture of spiritual leadership that embraces the mission, vision, and values of the church. He/she also provides leadership for and supervision of the
day-to-day operational concerns of the church.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Executive Pastor:
An undergraduate degree is required, and a seminary degree or further theological training is preferred.
Three or more years of experience in operational or executive level work in a large church, parachurch ministry or a professional setting is required. The ideal candidate will have experience and demonstrated success in a collaborative team environment,
with an emphasis on moving the organization toward desired outcomes.
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles spelled out in the Bible for living a life of thankful service to God.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- A theology and convictions compatible with the Central Church Statement of Faith (available at centralsf.org/about/statement-faith)
- Be committed to holiness and developing personal walk with God to model and lead others in their faith.
- If married, love spouse as Christ loved the church. If a parent, discipline children to know God and love Him.
- Pursue professional, personal, and spiritual development.
- A strong commitment to assisting the ministries of the church in fulfilling their mission and vision.
- Energy and enthusiasm, yet able to exude a calming influence when needed. The ideal candidate is an advocate and a problem solver, always approaching situations with an attitude of “solution side living.”
- Carry a posture of strength, approachability, and humility.
- Emotional intelligence, with a high capacity for cooperative and collaborative growth and conversations with their team.
- A visionary personality with an integrator spirit is ideal in this role.
- A disciple of disciples, and a leader who makes other leaders.
- An encourager, a motivator, an inspirer who can lead staff well and carry the vision of the church, while working behind the scenes seamlessly on the administrative details.
About the Location:
Sioux Falls is the largest city in South Dakota, and is the 47th fastest growing city in the United States, as well as the fastest growing metro area in South Dakota, with a population of approximately 175,000. As a true Midwestern city, it is
nestled in Southeastern South Dakota very close to the borders of Iowa and Minnesota.
It is a place friendly to businesses and small business start-ups, a low crime and family friendly place, with strong Midwestern values.
Sioux Falls has many established green spaces and recreational areas, including parks, biking, jogging and walking trails, waterfalls and trails leading to fishing, biking, and snow sports in the winter.
As a metropolitan city, Sioux Falls is home to many financial institutions, including Wells Fargo and CitiGroup. It also has a significant and excellent regional healthcare center, with two major medical centers that operate as some of the largest employers
in the state, providing top healthcare to those in the region. In the tech industry, it is known as the “Silicon Prairie.”
It has also emerged as a regional center of shopping and dining due to its prime location as one of the major cities within distance of smaller towns in the state. Explore the Imagination Studio at the Kirby Science Discovery Center in the Washington Pavilion,
experience the habitat of over 800 free-flying butterflies at the Butterfly House & Aquarium, meet the Great Plains Zoo’s 1,000 animals or walk through tall prairie grasses at The Outdoor Campus. Restaurants in Sioux Falls feature special regional options
like Midwestern steaks, gourmet game or freshwater fish – caught locally!
Sioux Falls Public Schools are widely recognized for accomplishments in student achievement and innovative educational strategies. They serve a diverse population of more than 23,000 students and embrace the opportunity for all children to learn about the
world’s cultures from the curriculum and shared experiences of their classmates.
The District includes 23 elementary schools, 5 middle schools, 3 traditional high schools, an alternative high school, a project based learning high school, a career and technical education academy, one post-secondary technical institute, and all other district-owned
facilities. Sioux Falls Public Schools offer a challenging and relevant curriculum with a highly-qualified and experienced staff. More than 64% of the 1,800+ teachers hold a Master’s degree or have attained even higher levels of certification. There are also
several private Christian schools and an extensive network of homeschool co-ops.
Sioux Falls has been named a Top 5 City for Retirement by Livability and named The Best City for Young Professionals by Smart Asset – there’s something for everyone in Sioux Falls, whether you are driven by the thriving business and financial career opportunities
or drawn in by the beauty of the Great Plains and the great outdoors in Sioux Fall’s backyard.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> vsearch.ws/2qaaFMi