Bringing Life to Albany, Making Disciples who Make Disciples!
The Pastor / Director of Children's Ministry will oversee all aspects of ministry to nursery, preschool and elementary-aged children. Providing an environment that speaks to and reaches children for Jesus, provides opportunities for Spiritual Development
of children and helps equip and enable parents in their responsibility to raise Godly children. This is a full-time position.
- Evidence of a growing and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Spends time in prayer, believing one can only give to others what one has received from the Lord.
- Life evidences the fruits of the Spirit.
- Possess a heart of thankfulness for what God has done for you.
- Possess a desire to be a good, positive example both in worship and in daily life.
- Possess exceptional leadership and administrative abilities.
- Has a proven track record on initiating new ideas and developing strategic programs for children’s ministry in a local church. This experience should reflect the vision of our church; in creating a ministry that in effect could reach our
entire city. Be committed to the church philosophy and work within the framework of SACC’s policies, vision and doctrine as well as those of the Denomination of the Evangelical Church of North America.
- Has a personal philosophy of ministry which is compatible with the rest of the staff and with the church; ability to remain loyal to the team and leadership.
- Demonstrates an ability to build, develop and manage effective teams.
- A creative mind and spirit; the ability to be proactive with new ideas.
- Life reflects the character qualities of a Biblical elder. 1Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a local church ministry or para-church children ministry.
- Have a BA in Children’s Ministry or Church Ministry or equivalent experience/training with a church related emphasis.
- Preference given for:
- 5+ years of full-time experience in local church ministry.
- A M.Div. degree or Master’s level training with a children’s or church related emphasis.
- Has been ordained or is willing to be ordained /credentialed by the Evangelical Church of North America within two to three years of accepting this position.
- An understanding of Sonlife’s principles and strategies.
- Knowledge and experience with Community Church Builder or another church database.
- Ministry experience in churches larger than ours in a similar capacity.
This position is accountable to the Senior Pastor.
This person will be expected to be a team player and is accountable to build unity with the existing staff at SACC.
The Pastor/Director of Children's Ministry will oversee all aspects of ministry to nursery, preschool and elementary-aged children.
- Provide a multi-year timeline and strategy for fruitful ministry with children.
- Provide ministry programming and curriculum geared to children (including those with special needs).
- Create opportunities for children to receive Christ, be baptized and grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Offer mission and service opportunities for children.
- Identify, recruit, develop, place and support new leadership in children's ministries.
- Provide a children’s Discipleship program/course annually.
- Oversee and encourage participation in camps, musicals, Vacation Bible School (VBS) and family-centered events.
- Develop and implement relationship with local grade schools.
- Develop Ministry Teams
- Provide regular, at least monthly, face-to-face contact and training and encouragement with Children’s Ministry Leadership Team and volunteers.
- Develop and implement security processes and procedures (check-in, evacuation, and lockdown).
- Develop training opportunities and public recognition for children's ministry workers.
- Develop a structure and system to actively manage the ministry challenges for children.
- Maintain all background check records.
- Develop and train a Children’s Ministry Assistant /Intern.
- Provide opportunities for team participation in conferences, seminars and training for volunteers.
- Partner with Parents
- Communicate events and planning so that parents can be involved (newsletters, calendars, brochures, social media).
- Build relationships with parents.
- Oversee Baby/Child Dedication (contacts, appointments, certificates, candles, ‘Parent Prayers’, and brochures).
- Provide resources and support for families to encourage spiritual formation.
- Participate in and assist with family related ministries and activities (campout, Summer Serve Day, church picnic, etc.).
- Create an Evaluation Process
- Report weekly at staff meetings upcoming events in ministry status.
- Report monthly to the leadership Council concerning ministry timeline and status.
- Report annually to the local church the accomplishments and vision for children's ministry.
- Develop and manage a ministry budget.
- Current Miscellaneous Duties
- Facilitating church campout.
- Other Duties as assigned by Lead Pastor.
NATURE OF THE WORK:
The work involved in the position occurs primarily inside the church facilities and this person must be able to comfortably carry small to medium sized boxes (up to 50 lbs.) and maneuver within the facility which includes stairwells. SACC is a non-smoking
Under Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, the church does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color or national origin. However, the church does discriminate on the basis of religion.
This position is an exempt employee position.
The church is exempt from ADA requirements as allowed by law.
Prior conviction of a crime is not an automatic disqualification for employment.
The church website (www.sacchurch.org) provides information about South Albany Community Church and will explain our overall purpose, programs and even a bit of the culture of our church. Of specific interest
1. In "Connect". you can learn about the doctrine of the church and current staff, etc. Because of the teaching nature of this position it will be essential that there is unity
with the doctrine of South Albany Community Church Evangelical Church of North America, and the Pacific
Conference of the Evangelical Church.
2. In "Resources". you will find teachings given at SACC. Because the Pastor/Director of Children's Ministry will be working closely with our Lead pastor, Jim Saemenes, it would be beneficial
to be familiar with and feel comfortable with his teaching.
The Pastor-Parish Team oversees the salaries of the South Albany Community Church Staff. It is SACC’s desire that staff compensation will motivate our paid staff to minister to the best of their ability and be content with their pay status. (1 Corinthians
9:10-14; 1 Timothy 5:17-18; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13).
The annual salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and education. This salary can be broken up as salary and housing allowance to fit the situation and for there optimum living and tax advantage.
Those interested in applying for the position, should do the following:
Step 1- Review the job description in detail, ensuring you meet the minimum qualifications.
Step 2- Submit a COVER LETTER and RESUME to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter should not be more than one page.
- Please include in the cover letterwhat experiences or qualities make you a good candidate for this position. Why you think this would be a good match for you and for South Albany Community Church,and how you heard about the position.
Once your Step 2 materials have been received and reviewed by us, you may be sent an applicaiton and we may request a TEACHING VIDEO and a phone or in-person interview.
- Please only submit one video of a teaching you have delivered to a large group. As we are requesting a single sample, please choose the best representation of your teaching.
Note: the video is best submitted in a digital format (i.e. Links of videos, YouTube postings, and podcasts.) You will be provided with how to submit your video online to us. You can also mail a video DVD to South Albany Community Church.