- Provide leadership to middle school, high school, and college students and their families. Additionally, planning coordinating, and overseeing the outreach and mission efforts of FBC Bonham.
Qualifications: Experience, Attributes, and Education Requirements
- Be a baptized, committed, and a growing follower of Jesus Christ whose life bears testimony of divine calling and gifts of ministry.
- Exemplifies the spiritual qualifications of a Pastor/Elder/Overseer as set forth in the Scriptures (Acts 20:28-32; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 1 Timothy 5:17; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Demonstrate gifts of leadership, administration, and creative communication.
- Able interpreter and dynamic teacher of scripture, especially in the contexts of student ministry and outreach.
- Spirit-filled and passionate about the Gospel, the ministry, and the church
- Empathetic and encouraging skills in spiritual, biblically based counseling.
- Strategic and future-oriented mindset.
- Education in biblically relevant studies or relevant experience that confirms ministerial excellence.
- 2+ years of ministry related experience preferred.
- Competency in basic computer and technology skills, including but not limited to: word processing, PowerPoint/Keynote, email, texting, and social media.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Seek to win and mature students in their Christian lives through ongoing programs and through such projects as student retreats, conventions, service projects, Wednesday night activities and worship, Bible study, etc.
- Teach from the Scripture on a weekly basis and coordinate the overall education efforts of the student ministry.
- Enlist and equip parents and volunteers who will invest in the lives of students.
- Provide spiritual guidance and support to high school, middle school, and college-age students and their families.
- Analyze the needs of high school, middle school and college-age ministry and establish priorities and goals.
- Oversee and coordinate outreach and mission efforts for FBC Bonham.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and Housing
Conference Funds to cover attendance at ministry related conferences (set annually)
Professional Expense Account to cover ministry expenses (set annually)
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com or via the "Apply" button on the listing.
Please submit your résumé along with any pertinent videos, teaching/preaching samples, and other supporting materials. In addition, a written doctrinal statement and philosophy of ministry is HIGHLY recommended. Links to this information online