We serve an incredibly creative God and we believe the Church should reflect His creativity. We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about the creative arts and wants to apply that passion and creativity in the context of the local church. This
individual will create dynamic print, digital, and motion graphics designs for sermon series, outreach projects, special events, and more. We work in a fast-paced but friendly environment where excellence is the standard. We’re dedicated to equipping people
to change their world. Ready to join the team and change the world with us? Let us know why. Send us your resume and a portfolio or video of your work.
- Purpose of the Job
The Art Director is responsible for leading the design department to deliver effective design strategies that meet the church vision objectives and remain on time and on budget, and will provide direct supervision, feedback, and mentoring to the creative
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work collaboratively and proactively with internal clients at all levels to assess project requirements, including client preferences, timeframes, and budgets. Maintain strong communication channels to ensure they are informed of emerging trends, opportunities,
delays, or developments associated with projects.
- Coordinate with design team, freelancers and vendors to ensure projects are completed within specified schedules, budgets, and design standards; anticipate or effectively mitigate problems; and consistently communicate to internal clients about updates
on progress, relevant delays or issues, and budget implications.
- Approve designs before presenting them to Creative Director and senior staff.
- Manage the design team through project assignments and oversee the activities and responsibilities of the staff, ensuring they understand their roles and functions and are able to carry out their duties as assigned.
- Evaluate effectiveness of staff and design interns, guide their continued professional growth, help identify areas for future growth and encourage participation in training programs that deepen design capacity.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the printing industries and various suppliers and manufacturers to obtain the best rates, schedules, and quality of materials and processes.
- Keep abreast of new design, video, and web trends, developments in commercial papers, prepress, printing, binding, shipping, and mailing.
- Design and layout brochures, announcements, handouts, newsletters, invitations, signage, pitch materials, presentation templates, and other promotional materials as needed.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Coordinator to execute Manna Church's external/internal advertising campaigns