Communications Director Job Description
Resonate is a growing gospel centered church wanting to share the gospel story resulting in stories of life transformation in our city and in the world. The Communications Director will plan, lead and execute church-wide marketing and communication strategies
to capture and promote all elements of our mission.
Resonate Team Culture
As staff of Resonate church we are committed to being:
- Family—We believe that we can only be effective in ministering to our body if we are ministering and caring for one another as brothers and sisters in Christ. We are not first co-workers; we are first the family of God
- Servants—Our team will adopt the posture of chief servants for our entire church community. Because Christ came in the form of a servant to serve and not use, we will long to obtain the character of our King and adopt the posture of servant to one another,
other teams, and the church at large.
- Equippers – The chief objective and metric of our team is the development of disciples and leaders in the mission of God. The primary task of our team is cultivating disciples and leaders to the glory of God, regardless of the job function performed.
- Excellence – Both the people we serve and the work we do will reflect the magnificence of God and our desire to each work with all our heart, and with all the urgency as unto the Lord and not to men.
These core team identities will dictate how we engage with one another, with the rest of our staff team, and among our wider church body.
Priority of Tasks and Responsibilities
Marketing and Branding
- Oversee all communications including internal and external messaging, branding, advertising, social media, print publications, digital content, and public relations.
- Develop a cohesive communication standard for all campuses to be consistent with our mission and branding.
- Create a system of collecting stories that show God’s glory through Resonate’s mission.
Leadership and Management
- Manage and lead all communications staff and serve staff.
- Work with each campus for clear messaging to specific congregations.
- Create and implement a system for requests from various ministries for a variety of video projects such as baptism testimonies, sermon bumpers, individual interviews and stories, etc.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop a communication strategy across all media platforms to help Resonate achieve its mission.
- Work with all ministries in order to have effective channels of communication within staff and our congregation.
- Work with Lead Pastor/leadership team on strategic communication projects.
Digital and Web Strategy
- Manage the improvement and maintenance of Resonate's website and a variety of other digital media platforms.
- Explore new avenues of extending series and teaching content throughout the week through various communication platforms.
- Lead a serve staff team to help with social posting, responses, and interaction with an online community.
What Success Looks Like
- The power of the gospel and stories of life change being lived out through the people of Resonate Church are communicated in an artistic, relevant, and accesible way.
- Communication of the vision and mission of Resonate is clear within our staff, between campuses, and with our congregations.
- Marketing strategies are created and excecuted to promote our mission to those outside of our church to draw people towards the gospel.
- Current and future communication tools are used, maintianed, refreshed, and maximized in order to reach and engage the widest audience possible.
Work Schedule: Standard work week is 40 hours/week, with expected weekend presence and/or evening hours as needed.
Questions? contact Grace Maultsby at firstname.lastname@example.org