We are looking for a committed Christian leader with a passion for discipling young people with the gospel. The ideal candidate is an experienced minister who can relate well with youth, parents and adult volunteers. This role will require a candidate with
demonstrated experience equipping youth for ministry.
- Lead the church's efforts to minister with and to youth between ages 11 to 18.
- Reach out 10 unchurched youth in the community. Engage them with the gospel and involve them in the work of the church.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church's youth ministry.
- In consultation with other youth leaders and senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the youth ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Develop a Bible teaching calendar for the youth that takes into consideration the full counsel of God's Word and the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the youth in our community.
- Regularly teach the Bible to the youth with conviction, compassion, and care.
- Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs or the church body.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
- Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages youth.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the youth ministry.
- Regularly report to the church's leadership about developments in the youth ministry.
- Oversee all summer camping activities in which the church's youth participate.
- Regularly lead the youth in short-term mission s experiences (alternating b e t ween local. domestic. and international )
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
- Review all curriculum used by the church's youth ministry and ensure they are consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
- Participate in all staff meeting s and retreats.
- Bachelor’s Degree & Theological Training
- Understanding or and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church
- At least 3 years of experience ministering to youth and leading youth ministry volunteers..
- Strong ability to lead people of differing ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
- A desire to teach and men tor youth in biblical truth.
- Ability to pass a background check.