We are a non-denominational, Restoration Movement, New Testament church in a growing suburb of Atlanta. We pride ourselves in a family environment with a large church mentality. Our ministry environments include a blended worship, relevant, Bible-based
teaching, small groups and various social activities throughout the year. Buford is a fast growing area and we are centrally located between several school clusters with a future cluster planned just down the road from our main campus.
Our deepest desire is to see the community come to know the loving grace of our Father. Everything we do is about loving people into Christ’s likeness. This starts in the hearts of our church members then it must go into the community in the form of love
and service. Recently we re-ignited our focus and direction as a church which is summed up in these five emphasis as a church family: Faith, fellowship, forerunners, formation and friends – or – trust in God, diversity, leadership development, developing
disciples, and serving others.
The Student & Young Adult Minister is to function in the capacity of a paid Christian worker and serving God with special emphasis on Students (6th grade through 12th grades) and Young adults.
- Maintain and implement effective weekly student/young adult ministry environments and activities;
- This position is ideally suited to have a time investment of roughly 70% on the student ministry and 30% on the young adult ministry
- Regular student/young adult fellowship opportunities
- Plan, lead and organize camps, retreats, conferences as needed throughout the year.
- Recruit class teachers and coaches and provide them with initial and continuing training and encouragement where needed.
- Attend Staff Meetings, along with other members of the HMCC staff, to coordinate and integrate student/young adult ministry program plans and activities with overall plans and activities of the church.
- Facilitate and lead parent meetings as needed throughout the year.
- Coordinate closely with the Director of Children's Ministry, elders, Senior Minister, other Associates, and Ministry Leaders in developing and maintaining effective comprehensive, church -wide programs for all age groups within the congregation
- Assist in various pastoral duties as needed
- Participate in Sunday programing and preach on occasion.
- See the full job description for further clarification.
- This leader must live out the principles found in Galatians 5:22-26, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, and Titus 1:6-9
- Understands it is a privilege to serve the Lord in vocational ministry and that those who serve God on staff at HMCC are expected to embrace a high biblical standard of conduct and lifestyle both public and personal.
- Shows a desire to work hard within the church to further its reach and influence in the community
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with staff and volunteers alike
- A Bachelor’s Degree (completed or in the process of completion)
- Good organizational skills and proficient in technology.
- Excited and outgoing personality, hospitable to existing families and visitors alike.
- Comfortable recruiting volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Personally profess a doctrinal position that is aligned with HMCC
The salary level for this position is a full-time salary and is negotiable.
The Student / Young Adult Minister is ultimately responsible to the elders of HMCC, but directly reports to and receives day-to- day supervision (guidance, direction and council) from the Senior Minister.