Director of Middle School Ministry
We are looking for someone to take the Direction of Ward Students Middle School. This person will be able to take ownership of the Vision for Ward Students, as laid out by Director of Ward Students,
[The vision of Ward Students is to help students connect to God, His will for their lives and to the people around them] and implement it in the context of Middle School Students. The main objective of this role is to bring energy,
excitement and connection to Ward Students and their parents.
Leader…Relational…Energetic…Team Player…Self-Starter…Decision Maker…Person Developer…
- The main focus will be Middle School
- To build relationships with students, their parents and our leaders.
- To develop a strong leadership culture in Middle School Ministry (both adults and students)
- Establish a strong Middle School Ministry Program
- Reaching and empowering Middle School Students to impact the people around them
- Middle School Programming that accomplishes the “Why” of Student Ministries
- Help to plan, organize and implement programming for all of Ward Students.
¨ Oversee Programming for Middle School
- Weekly Services
- Schedule games for Sundays Morning and Sunday Nights
- Schedule someone to introduce and facilitate games
- Creative Elements
- Help to plan, create and implement any creative elements for the worship Services
- Host / Speak as necessary
- Schedule host and speakers
- Develop and Empower Leaders for/in these roles
- Small Groups
- Check in with Small Group Leaders
- How is their health: spiritually, emotionally, and mentally?
- How is the health of their group?
- How can we help them grow/succeed?
- Is there anything we need to know?
- Create Small Group Dialog for Middle School
- Email Small Group Dialog to leaders
- Provide Snacks for Groups
- You decide how often
- Develop and Oversee teams in the planning, organization and execution of monthly events for Middle School and High School
- Reserve rooms/Locations/Transportation
- Locate/Purchase any supplies needed
- Work with the team in the planning of trips, retreats and camps
- Schedule leaders
- Reserve locations and transportation
- Purchase any supplies necessary
¨ Weekly Service Planning:
- Work with Student Leadership Team to plan worship services
- Work with Student Leadership Team to develop Small Groups and Curriculum.
¨ Leadership Development
- Identify, recruit and train leaders
- Small Group Leaders
- Small Group Coaches
- Welcome team (adults and students)
- Help in the implementation of the Leadership Development plan for Middle School Leaders
¨ Programming and Structure
- Periodically review the programming of Ward Students Middle School
- To recognize organizational systems in place that need to be changed or removed
- To recognize organizational systems that need to be in place and implement them
¨ Communicate with parents and students
- Utilize Social Media to communicate useful information
- Facebook, Instagram, Remind 101
- Develop a schedule of communication
- Middle School Small Group Leader Meetings/Training
- Weekly Service Planning Meetings
- Student Ministries Team
- Staff Huddle
- Weekly Check-in and Monthly Development with Student Ministries Director
¨ Regularly invest in relationships with students, parents, leaders and volunteers outside of regular programming.