PLEASE APPLY HERE --> vsearch.ws/2q1nIQ6
Weekly Attendance: 275
Location: McKenzie, TN
About the Organization:
Overflow Church is a new, non-denominational church (as of 2016) and making a big impact in McKenzie, TN and the surrounding area. They are currently running near 300 attendees, but they are at complete capacity at one of their two services. They are passionate
about helping people take their next steps toward Christ. Their weekend experiences are their front-door for new people and they put a great emphasis on providing an excellent worship experience for new people and regular attenders.
They are seeking their next Senior Pastor who will develop and communicate the vision and strategy of Overflow Church as he teaches God’s word in a personal, powerful, authentic way that changes people’s lives. Elevation Church has had significant influence
on Overflow Church, and is in the vein of where they want to continue to head.
They will be moving into a new space this year (an old Walmart building) and are currently building it out. Before moving into the new building, they are looking forward to finding their new Senior Pastor because they anticipate substantial growth once they
are in the new building.
About the Position:
The Senior Pastor of Overflow Church will provide spiritual leadership by preaching the Gospel and communicating the primary vision for the church while leading the staff by example spiritually, personally and professionally. The individual that assumes
this position will have a proven track record of leadership, organizational development and effective communication.
The Senior Pastor will model for others how to use their God-given passions and spiritual gifts for ministry and mission, while exemplifying leadership aware of and servant to all Overflow Church’s ministries.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Pastor:
A bachelor’s degree is expected.
Five years of ministry experience in a leadership role is expected.
- Exhibits a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and a commitment to continually growing in their faith.
- Demonstrates the qualities of humility, responsibility, integrity, servanthood, and responsibility.
- A teachable spirit who is collaborative, open, and cooperative when receiving feedback or working on their team.
- Lives out a healthy marriage with their spouse, who is supportive of their ministry at Overflow Church.
- A disciple-maker, who creates and grows discipleship through leadership and communication.
- A leader that can create an environment of unity and a ‘can-do’ spirit among a team.
- A demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning and personal development.
- High relational skills and a love for people inside and outside the church.
- An unrelenting passion for leading people to faith and equipping them with spiritual practices for a life of discipline.
- A heart for Christ, the local church, the community, and the needs of the world.
About the Location:
McKenzie, TN is located in northwestern Tennessee, between Nashville and Memphis. With a population of just over 5,000 people, it’s a quiet town with family roots characteristic of some of the best Tennessee has to offer - not to mention the area it’s located
in is full of gorgeous farmland and mountain backdrops.
McKenzie is the hub of the tri-counties of Henry, Weakley and Carroll with most of the town lying in Carroll County. Known for its Southern hospitality, McKenzie is a safe, family-friendly town and quickly becomes a place new people to the community love.
McKenzie offers many of the benefits of rural living in a temperate climate in which residents enjoy each of the four seasons.
It's located less than two hours away from two major cities (Memphis and Nashville) and affords easy access to interstates 40 and 65. This allows for country living at its best with easy access to larger cities.