Purpose of the Job
The Interim Executive Minister is responsible for
• Ensure leadership and vision casting for assigned ministries: including spiritual formation; ministry health; metrics; volunteer pipeline; leadership development; etc. (will not include Finances, Operations and Human Resources)
• Ensuring the ongoing effectiveness of the church through leadership and oversight of the ministry staff and volunteers performing duties in ministry environments; end-to-end ministry systems (F1, Planning center, Rock, etc.) & processes (next steps, volunteer
pipeline, etc.); overall ministry health; effective coordination across ministries; etc.
• Provide administrative management for assigned individuals working in unassigned ministries (matrix management). This includes documenting clear performance expectations, performance evaluations, providing coaching, etc.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Oversee Ministry Operations:
• Lead in the research, development, presentation and approval of the annual ministry plan.
• Oversee ongoing ministry operation and ensure that regular mission effectiveness reports are provided to staff and elders.
• Ensure that regular operational reports are provided to staff and Supervisor.
• Provide direct supervision to the assigned Ministers, Directors, and volunteer ministry leaders.
• Lead in the development of all ministry staff and volunteer leaders.
• Ensure ministry staff adheres to church policies.
• Oversee ministry issues.
• Propose and implement new programs needed regarding church ministry (i.e., outreach, spiritual formation, etc.).
• Assist the Senior Minister in establishing preaching, vision casting, and fund raising according to WCCC’s priorities.
• Assist the Executive Minister with budget development & tracking; strategic planning; hiring; etc..
Oversee Assigned Ministries:
• Leads, mentors, and resources the Ministers and Directors leading the assigned ministries with the WCCC vision, mission, and values in mind.
• Cast vision for the family to thrive through parent participation in the spiritual formation of their children. Preparing families to defend their faith in an increasingly hostile culture.
• Family Ministry includes: Young Adults, Harbortown and Students.
• Cast vision for the congregation to live in community and continue spiritual formation through participation in groups.
• Groups Ministry includes: Community Groups, Bible Studies, etc.
• Cast vision for a weekend worship environment for an inter-generational church, focused on attracting Jack Cooper.
• Worship Ministry includes: CPT, band, vocals, AVL, rebroadcast, etc..
• Cast vision for ministries that encourage and support the spiritual formation of the congregation.
• Spiritual Formation includes: monitoring the health and improvement plans of all ministries.
• Cast vision for reaching the country and world, as sponsored by WCCC.
• Missions include: Boston, Haiti, Mexico, and Sri Lanka.
Outward Focus / Solve 7:
• Cast vision for reaching the unchurched in our community and region, including solving life’s problems with the end goal of connecting others with Jesus.
• Outward Focus includes: monitoring the outward focus health and improvement plans of all environments & ministries.
• Solve 7 includes: the ministries and partnerships to address the 7 areas (Find the lost, Feed the hungry, Clothe the Poor, House the homeless, Teach the uneducated, Rescue the slaves, Heal the sick).
• Cast vision for WCCC for communications strategy & execution to an intergenerational church, focused on attracting Jack Cooper.
• Communications include: bulletin; Viewbook; social media; DfD; video storytelling; WCCC website & applications; etc
• Leadership: Motivate, coordinate and collaborate with staff and volunteer teams.
• Communication: Regularly communicate with staff, and work with ministry leaders to make sure the job gets done with excellence in a timely and cooperative manner. Being able to clearly explain what needs to be done will be necessary.
• Interpersonal: Utilizing soft skills to interact effectively with coworkers and customers, and build relational equity.
• Technical: Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within all relevant fields.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
• Proven supervisory and team-building experience
• Work weekends and evenings when needed
• Valid Driver’s License
• Acceptable Background Check
• Whitewater Crossing Member
• Continue to develop personal character, competence and team chemistry as a Christ-like leader
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Spiritual Gifts
To apply, send resume to Angela Nero at firstname.lastname@example.org