Skokie Valley Baptist Church (“SVBC”) is a 330-member congregation located in Wilmette, IL drawing from surrounding communities including Chicago and the northern suburbs. We are a multi-cultural and multi-generational congregation that is continuing to
build on over 60 years of community and global ministry impact. We are only 20 miles north of Chicago, near Lake Michigan, conveniently located off of I-94. Award winning schools and universities, shopping, entertainment and recreational facilities are plentiful
SVBC is looking for a Senior Pastor who will fulfill God’s vision for SVBC through effective communication and relational skills. Our next pastor will lead and direct the preaching/teaching ministry, ensuring that a biblically-based message of significance
is delivered with passion and excellence. While under the supervision of the Executive Board, the next Senior Pastor will act as leader of the staff and church. He will embrace the multi-cultural and multi-generational nature of the SVBC congregation and effectively
communicate the visionary direction of SVBC.
Candidates who are interested in becoming SVBC’s next Senior Pastor must:
- Candidate and wife must be willing to become a member of the church
- Be committed to the vision, mission, affirmation of faith and ministry of SVBC
- Provide strong recommendations and references
- Possess a personal background that reflects strong moral and ethical character
- Effectively communicates as a preacher-teacher, a visionary and a spiritual and servant leader with capable experience in the supervision of staff and shepherding of a congregation
- Demonstrate high degree of experience and success in ministry with a culturally and generationally diverse population.
We ask that only those who currently possess these attributes consider applying:
- Demonstrates a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced in daily life and exhibits the character qualities in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Earnestly seeks God’s will above all other possible motivations
- Seeks and promotes prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church
- Possesses a spirit of cooperation and fellowship within the church body
- Demonstrates a passionate, heartfelt love for people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental and emotional well-being
- Exhibits Christ’s love by developing positive and encouraging relationships within the church body
- Actively disciples and mentors individuals as Christ did with His disciples
CANDIDATE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ordained with a ministerial license or willing to seek ordination within first two years
- Seminary degree or higher
- Experience in pastoral ministry preaching-teaching, leadership and supervision of multi-function staff
SVBC’s Senior Pastor is a full-time position with a competitive salary package.
Applicants should apply by sending a resume and video preaching sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words SKOKIE VALLEY in the subject line. Do not send anything to the church directly, they will not accept it. The cut off date to send resumes
is April 9, church is planning to begin interviews the first week of May.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH CHURCH STAFFING, ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD EMAIL THEIR RESUMES.