Church Description: Oak Haven Church is a multigenerational church of 200+ people in the north metro of the Twin Cities. We are located in Ham Lake, MN, 25 miles north of Minneapolis in the center of Anoka County. Our county is home to
over 340,000 people and is a growing area of the state. Our church reaches across all of Anoka County and even further North into Isanti County. Oak Haven Church has a vision for building relational bridges individually as disciples in our own community,
sending corporately through missions locally and globally, and multiplying a kingdom mindset as a church by planting more local churches. The church began in 1965 and is made up of a solid core of mature believers as well as a growing number of younger families
and individuals who want to grow in their faith. To learn more about our church visit:
Ministry Description: Oak Haven’s youth ministry is primarily driven by outreach to our local community. We have an effective ministry to a local trailer park community because we send our church bus to pick up students and children for
our Wednesday night youth program. Our 6th-12th grade youth program averages around 40-50 students. Our team of lay youth leaders are passionate about showing students Christ’s love. Most of these students come from families who are
not engaged in the life of the church. This creates some unique challenges to engage with parents. A minority of our students come from church families, but they are well integrated within the larger group of students. Many of our students are learning
about who God is and starting to trust in Jesus. Our youth group dynamic is very energetic and sometimes chaotic. Some students come from dramatic home lives and have found a safe and loving environment through our youth ministry.
The mission of Oak Haven Church is to help people know Jesus, grow in grace, and show God’s love.
We believe that God is by nature relational and has created us in His image to connect in healthy relationships with God and one another. We will build a warm environment of nurturing acceptance where many can fit together to be a part of a meaningful spiritual
We believe that excellence honors God and inspires people. We will do our very best with the resources God has given us. We do not seek perfection, rather we will prepare, pray, and thoughtfully approach all that we do with excellence in order to honor God.
We believe that fun creates bonds between people. God has made us to experience joy. When we meet together we desire to create positive and memorable experiences. Fun comes through laughter, time together, family, and celebration.
We believe that God has given us the example and the command to love one another. God’s love is shown by our action in serving others without condition. We believe that love brings hope to the world. We will work as a team with empathy and compassion to
show God’s sacrificial love to others.
We believe that God has given every person gifts and talents. As His servants, we will strive to listen and lead with integrity and courage; giving opportunity to succeed and freedom to fail. God has given His church a vision of hope for our world. We
will build trust to influence our community for Christ.
Objective: The Youth Pastor is to develop a strong team of disciple-makers to assist in bringing the next generation to a maturing faith in Jesus.
What we are searching for / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this role will have an undergraduate degree. Studies in youth ministry or a similar track is preferred. A seminary degree would be a plus but is not required.
2 years or more of experience working in the church world and specifically with students or within youth ministry is preferred.
- Core beliefs: Has a love for Jesus and the desire for people to know Him.
- Core skills and gifts:
- Relationally Pastoral – Ability to connect with and lead students from a biblical perspective, creating a culture of sound theology and authentic community.
- Inspirational Communicator – Ability to teach/preach and motivate students to action by giving relevant application from the Bible.
- Visionary Self-starter – Proven ability to create something from nothing and gets easily excited about what if possibilities.
- Reproducible Leader – Ability to recognize potential in volunteers and students, and develop other student leaders into effective leaders of peers.
- Creativity – Ability to assess the needs of students in an ever-changing culture and develop a ministry that is creative, innovative, relevant, and desirable for today’s students.
- They are people-focused. The Youth Pastor is a team player with cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with co-workers.
- They have a strong work ethic. They are organized, goal-oriented, entrepreneurial, and a self-starter.
- They are self-aware. They understand the importance of regular evaluation to be able to grow in effectiveness.
- Flexibility of schedule and willingness to interface with staff and volunteers in providing excellence in ministry.
- They embrace and embody the mission and values of Oak Haven Church.
- Recruit and train student ministries team to work both one-on-one, large group, and in small group settings to facilitate spiritual growth.
- Develop comprehensive strategy for student ministries; including weekly programming, curriculum design, missions programs, leadership development, worship, service, and special events.
- Serve as a pastor to our students. Be available for teaching, counseling, and spiritual care.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents concerning ministry plans. Encourage parent involvement and partnership with families.
- Partner with children’s ministry as appropriate in programming, service opportunities, training, volunteer recruitment, and transitions.
- Develop young adult ministry leadership. Empower and guide young adult leaders.
- Oversee any youth interns to develop them through mentoring, coaching, training, and support.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the student ministries budget. Manage student fees in a responsible and timely manner.
- Facilitate the integration of students and young adults into all phases of church life.
This position is part-time.