Job Posting – Middle School Director
Our seventeen year old, rapidly growing, Gospel Centered, multi-ethnically congregation (900 + weekly attendance, 70+ middle school/high school students) seeks a servant leader for the position of Middle School Director. The successful candidate must possess
a deep love for Jesus and his Gospel, a passion for ministering to young people from all walks of life, strong administrative and interpersonal skills, and a God-driven fervor for growing a multi-ethnic ministry.
Are you passionate about building a dynamic student ministry that brings together young people from varied ethnic, social, and economic groups as well as from a variety of abilities? Are you a team player who is committed to discipleship; a developer of
leaders; and an individual who desires to be part of a vibrant and growing fellowship that is radically impacting its community for Jesus Christ? Then we want to hear from you.
Department: Student Ministries/Young Adult Ministries
Position Title: Middle School Director
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt
Responsible to: Pastor, Student Ministries/Young Adults
Position Summary: The Middle School Director serves as an integral member of the Student Ministries/ Young Adult Team who ministers to Living Water’s middle school students, as well as Living Water’s young adults (18 – 25 years old).
Scope: The Middle School Director will directly assist the Pastor of Student/Young Adult Ministries by providing complete direction of Middle School and oversight of Young Adult Ministries at Living Water including all teaching, leading,
training, and strategic planning and vision-casting.
- Fully committed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the truth of God’s Word, as well as being able to clearly articulate both.
- In agreement with Living Water’s purpose, statement of faith, governing documents and ministry philosophy.
- Must be or become a member of Living Water and regularly attend weekend worship services.
- Must be a growing disciple of Jesus Christ whose life clearly manifests the fruit of a vital relationship with Him.
- Passionate about Living Water’s vision, values, and purpose and demonstrates strong desire to serve and minister to students and young adults.
- Commitment to execute all tasks and assignments at the highest achievable level of excellence.
- Satisfy the biblical requirements of an elder as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and Titus 2:7-8. This includes being above reproach in all relationships and if married, possessing a healthy relationship with spouse and children.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree with training in Bible, theology, and/or youth ministry is required.
- Experience in a church ministry setting preferred. With experience in planning activities, events and/or organizing retreats a plus.
Skills and Aptitude:
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to collaborate with team and effectively relate, connect, mentor, and teach students and young adults of various ethnicities, economic statuses, and abilities.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, commitment to excellence and follow-through.
- Energetic self-starter who demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills.
- Adaptable, flexible, and willing to wholeheartedly coordinate/lead student events and programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates aptitude in technology and social media.
- Basic knowledge and/or talent in music a plus.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
Direct Middle School spiritual development and programming.
- Shape the Spiritual Development of new Middle School ministry
- Provide counsel, guidance and mentoring to students when required.
- Ability to build meaningful relationships with students, parents and volunteers.
- Lead Middle School trainings, events, and retreats.
- Facilitation and direction of yearly volunteer training.
- Provide creative input, lead in planning, and give spiritual oversight for events and retreats.
- Develop yearly direction for weekend services
- Recruit and assign teaching for volunteer teachers and assist with weekly teaching prep.
- Communicate with volunteers and student leaders’ weekly plans for services.
- Develop and teach large group lessons for students.
- Lead middle school youth nights (student small groups).
- Meet monthly with Middle School Youth Night Director (Volunteer) and with Middle School Small Group Coaches for review and direction for small groups.
- Administrative Support for Direction in ministry
- Communicate effectively with volunteers, students, parents, and other staff members.
- Communicate with Student Ministry/ Young Adult Assistant for updated information for student section of church website.
Support Venture Young Adults:
- Provide staff support and oversight based on Biblical principles to young adult volunteers who lead and organize rhythmic gatherings, bible study, and outreach events.
- Organize church-wide visibility and communication to Young Adult activities.
- Identify, develop and implement solutions to strategic needs for Young Adult Ministries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typical Work Schedule:
Tuesday- Friday (7 to 8 hours, flexible hours)
Saturdays Evening Service (3 hours twice a month)
Sundays Morning Services (5.5 to 8 hours)
Monthly Leadership Meetings (2 hours)
Quarterly Vision Meetings (3 hours)