About the Position:
We are looking for an experienced and qualified individual to join our staff as the Director of Children’s Ministries. This person would provide leadership to carry the mission and vision of First Presbyterian Church to children, birth through fifth grade,
as well as their families. While seeking to foster the faith of our children, this person will also seek ways to integrate them and their families into the ministries of the whole church. The ideal candidate will be able to create, direct, and administer a
dynamic, spiritually relevant program while cultivating relationships and community. Our candidate will be enthusiastic about developing the faith of our children in many ways, including using arts, music, Scripture, and games to nurture spiritual growth.
Contagious energy, high emotional intelligence, and a genuine love for Jesus are all musts!
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum three years experience leading a children’s ministries program or a related field, preferably in a large church or similar organization
- Successful leadership experience in vision setting, building community and interpersonal relationships. Loves people and especially kids!
- Passion for developing programming that facilitates the faith development of children and families
- Ability to plan, implement, and measure the results of ministry programs and events
- Skilled in identifying, recruiting, and empowering volunteers. Leads with a professional and positive team spirit that equips and supports volunteers
- Understand children’s cognitive and behavioral development and strategies for encouraging social, emotional, and spiritual growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively utilize social media, email, phone, and face-to-face capabilities with all people involved
- Energetic and enthusiastic, yet able to exude a calming influence when needed
- Programmatic oversight:
Sunday morning nursery and children’s program education, including Young Children and Worship program
Hand to Hand - weekly food ministry for local school children
Develop 3rd/4th grade opportunities for connections
Organize and lead 5th/6th grade youth group
Create and plan relevant activities throughout the year
- Create opportunities for mission and service for school-age children
- Implement child protection policies
- Manage program budget throughout the fiscal year
- Coordinate calendar, plans, and program needs with church staff and administration
- Create parent education opportunities
- Staff liaison to the Children’s Ministries Committee
- Collaborate with the Youth Director to ensure children’s seamless transition into middle school programs
- Be a part of the creative process of developing programming for children and the church as a whole
- Foster relationship with Joyful Noise, the daycare operated in our building
About First Presbyterian Church:
First Presbyterian Church is a dynamic and Christ-centered church in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). We are committed to relevant and engaging worship, to providing quality educational opportunities to all, and to creating a culture of acceptance where differences
are valued and connections to one another are fostered. We believe that God has a dynamic purpose for all, and growing within a community of believers is part of that purpose. Supporting children and their families in their faith journeys is a vital part of
our church commitment.
We are called to celebrate God’s grace as a Christ-centered community of acceptance, growing in faith, and living as Christ’s hands to serve.
Interested qualified candidates should send the following:
- Cover letter with resume
- Statement on your philosophy of Children’s Ministry
- Statement about your journey of faith
- Personal Statement of Faith (theological beliefs)
Qualified applicants may email their information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information may also be mailed to:
First Presbyterian Church
508 Franklin Avenue
Grand Haven, MI 49417