Worship is the proper response of all moral, conscious beings to God, ascribing all honor and supreme worth to their Creator-God precisely because He is worthy. While all true worship is God-centered, Christian worship is no less Christ-centered. Such worship
manifests itself both in adoration, and in action. This is to occur in both an individual and corporate worship context, which includes eating, drinking, and everything thereafter. (1 Chronicles 16:29, Psalms 95:6-7, Psalm 100:2, Matthew 4:10, 1 Corinthians
The Worship Pastor at HCC is primarily concerned with nurturing and balancing an understanding of personal and corporate worship in the congregation at every life stage.
The Worship Pastor/Director’s Relationship and duties include:
- Reporting directly to the Lead Pastor.
- Maintaining the Worship system of ministry that is articulated in the HCC Ministry Manual.
- Collaborates with the Lead Pastor regarding the essential elements of a rich worship experience at HCC. These elements may include but not be limited to; Scripture reading, choir, praise teams, visual arts, orchestra, testimonies, digital media, set design,
- Operates as a full member of the Core Ministry Team.
- Is responsible for the creation and updating of the Sunday service schedules in Planning Center.
- In cooperation with other members of the CMT; recruits, trains, and maintains worship facilitators at every life stage, and Sunday services.
- Develops talent within the congregation related to the creative worship arts.
- Understands that a well-rounded worship theology and experience includes more than music.
- Takes the lead regarding two church wide outreach productions during Christmas, and Easter.
- Is singularly responsible for the overall quality of the Sunday worship experience. This quality control includes audiovisual elements, music, furniture arrangement, service order, etc.
- Commitment to the faithful execution of the responsibilities noted above and any others that the Lead Pastor deems necessary.