Summary of the position:
The role of the Video Producer is to assist the Communications Director in enhancing Heartland’s ministries and worship experience through creative video and media. The goal of the Video Producer is to effectively communicate what God is doing through Heartland
to love people well, lead them into a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ and launch them out to change their world.
I. Specific Responsibilities
The Video Producer’s responsibilities include management of video and photographic communication, including but not limited to the following:
- Creates engaging content in a timely manner that will enhance all aspects of Heartland Church.
- Actively seeks to support Heartland’s needs and creates excellent content to help Heartland excel in their mission.
- Designs, scripts, captures, edits, and produces video content for all Heartland communication venues (e.g., worship services, website, special events, etc.).
- Participates in brainstorming sessions with Heartland’s communications team
- Works closely with Worship Team to provide input on thematic and non-thematic elements of weekly worship services.
- Manages process of capturing and posting sermons and other messages on Heartland website.
- Seeks out, captures and produces stories of what God is doing among His people at Heartland.
- Maintains brand standards and guidelines for all video and photographic communication.
- Recruits, trains, and leads team of qualified volunteers to assist with video production activities.
- Organizes tasks and prioritizes workload
- Performs other duties as assigned.
II. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
Education and Experience
- At least two years of experience in live production, shooting and editing, associate’s or bachelor’s degree in media communication, video production or related field preferred.
- Basic audio knowledge (syncing audio, equalization, compression)
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder
- Demonstrated evidence of spiritual maturity
- Unrelenting desire for excellence
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Personal effectiveness/results oriented
- Ability to deliver quality video content in a fast-paced environment
- Strong story telling capability
- Motion graphics skills a plus
- Self-starter with an ability to think “outside the box” while “inside” the church’s unique culture
III. Employee Attributes
- Life-giving spirit and attitude
- Trustworthy and faithful
- Driven to pursue excellence
- Creative mindset; Out-of-the-box thinker
- Demonstrates loyalty to the vision of the team and church
- Heart of a servant; rejoices in the success of others
- High-capacity, multi-tasking individual who is comfortable working independently without constant supervision while also being able to work as a team player
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills