Summary of the position:
Heartland's Graphic Designer will lead the creative design process of graphic and photo elements for Heartland Church and related ministry areas. This individual will work to create excellent and relevant media products.
I. Specific Responsibilities:
The graphic designer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Creates engaging content in a timely manner that will enhance all aspects of Heartland Church.
- Creates and maintains the brand of Heartland Church.
- Participates in brainstorming sessions with Heartland’s communications team.
- Actively seeks to support Heartland’s needs and creates excellent content to help Heartland excel in their mission.
- Conceptualizes ideas and generates multiple concepts for projects.
- Works with other Heartland Church departments to create or enhance branding elements.
- Organizes and edits photos of events and church functions for use in design/video projects, social media and web pages.
- Works closely with the communications team to develop the look and feel of sermon series.
- Organizes tasks and prioritizes workload
- Researches and maintains creative ideas and current techniques
- Performs other duties as assigned.
II. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
Education and Experience
- At least three years of experience in graphic design
- Working knowledge of graphic fundamentals including print, presentation and web design
- Undergraduate degree in graphic design or visual communications design
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and After Effects
- Demonstrated evidence of spiritual maturity
- Unrelenting desire for excellence
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Personal effectiveness/results oriented
- Ability to deliver quality graphic content in a fast-paced environment
- Photography skills a huge plus
- Self-starter with an ability to think “outside the box” while “inside” the church’s unique culture
III. Employee Attributes
- Life-giving spirit and attitude
- Listens and encourages
- Trustworthy and faithful
- Driven to pursue excellence
- Creative mindset; Out-of-the-box thinker
- Demonstrates loyalty to the vision of the team and church
- Heart of a servant; rejoices in the success of others
- High-capacity, multi-tasking individual who is comfortable working independently without constant supervision while also being able to work as a team player
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills