The Campus Pastor (CP) serves as the primary leader for their NCC (National Community Church) location. While our Lead Pastor serves as the principle vision caster for our church, the Campus Pastor incarnates our NCC DNA into the culture in which the specific
location resides. The CP role serves as a shepherd, as a unifier, as a champion for mission, as a translator of what God wants to do in and among that group of people. The CP should be active in prayer and the scriptures and a person of the highest integrity.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead your campus each weekend to create an environment for people to encounter and worship God. You are the first one in and the last one out, preparing and executing every portion of the weekend experience (including communication with volunteers, pre-service
huddle, hosting, connection events, manager relations, etc.)
- Develop a healthy leadership structure by recruiting and raising up key leaders who will oversee the primary areas of the campus ministries and report to the Campus Pastor
- Lead and oversee the primary leadership team at the Campus and work with them to build teams of ministry volunteers who will carry out the ministry of the church to impact the entire community
- Lead and oversee the Campus location as an "extension" of NCC by reproducing the overall vision as well as the spiritual and cultural DNA of the Church
- Communicate and re-communicate the vision of NCC
- Serve as the primary preacher/teacher for weekend services (and other key gatherings) at the Campus when the lead pastor chooses not utilize his video teaching. This will happen several times per year.
- Be the primary recruiter of volunteers and leaders for ministries and small groups
- Meet, invest, support, & encourage your campus’ volunteer leaders (Small Group and Ministry)
- Meet with your Ministry Leaders on a weekly basis
- Build community and get to know your campus leaders
- Build a customized strategy to reach the community based on the demographics, surrounding organizations, and the city of which our church is a part. Uniqueness should be an expression of our vision. Not separate, but unified with who we are as one church.
- Lead and organize outreach events and social/community activities for your location
- Follow-up with new guests, have bi-weekly connection point and minimum once a semester Connection events
- Provide pastoral care to those who attend your location
- Set attainable faith goals for your location and communicate the strategy to achieve those goals with CP team and Executive Pastor
- Work with key Central Directors at the Campus in order to reproduce ministry at the specific Campus Location. Such ministries include, but are not limited to: Family Ministry, Worship, Production, First Impressions, Small Groups, Pastoral Care and Service
Programming (Experience Team)
- Reference “Campus Pastor Playbook” for additional details on being a campus pastor
- Attend meetings and other duties as set forth by your supervisor
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Desire and passion to serve Christ in the local church
- High Initiative – researching and finding solutions
- Excellent communication skills – verbal (comfortable and confident communicating in front of a large group), visual, written, and relational
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong problem solving
- Flexibility to plan and work on multiple projects simultaneously; effectively manage time and prioritize workload
- Recruiting, building and developing teams
- Positive interpersonal and influence skills
- Preaching, teaching and communication skills
- An understanding of how technology can be used in ministry
- Planning, Prioritizing & Goal Setting
- To reflect Christ in your words and actions in your personal life and ministry. You will be looked up to as you model the Christian faith, and the way you live your life should reflect the Gospel (Living lives of holiness, purity, and free from addictions)
- In agreement with the NCC Leadership Covenant and Core Beliefs
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with a church or para-church organization preferred
- Good listening skills, tact, and consensus-building skills
- Passion for creating a service culture
- Excellent people skills (EQ)
- Worship performance skills
NOTE: The above constitutes only a part of the entire campus pastor portfolio. The next part of the portfolio will be determined based NCC needs and the unique gifts, talents and passions of each candidate.
Weekend Worship Leader
We are also looking for someone that has a worship leading skill set to share with the congregation they serve. This would not be leading overall worship at NCC, but leading the worship team at your location. It would be a secondary portion of the portfolio.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead worship a minimum 40 weekends of the calendar year while in employment with NCC.
- Run a mid week rehearsal each week they are leading worship, with an exception of Team Night Weeks.
- Schedule teams weekly through Planning Center Online (PCO) each week.
- Enter song sets on PCO by the end of day that the worship direction is sent to worship leaders.
- Schedule their bands for the following month by COB of the 20th day of the current month.
- Invest in and pastor members of their campus worship teams to promote a team health.
- Facilitate Local Team Nights each month. Worship Leader will be given a volunteer care budget to reimburse their expenses up to the agreed upon amount set by the Worship Director informed by yearly budget.
- Attend weekly worship staff meeting.
- Attend and lead worship at staff chapel each month.
- Lead at “All Church” NCC services as invited by Worship Director.
- Attend songwriting days and retreats. Worship Leader agrees to give their publishing to Songs of 714 for all songs written in NCC environments (Office hours, writing retreats facilitated by NCC, or songs agreed upon for NCC). Worship Leader shall maintain
their Songwriter Royalties of all songs written with NCC.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.