Director of NextGen/Family Ministries
About the Church:
Calvary Baptist Church is an independent evangelical church of 600 located in midtown Manhattan. We represent more than 20 countries of origin and more than a dozen native languages. This is a family of laborers, professionals, educators, students, technicians,
and actors - each with a desire to Engage the City and Impact the World with the Message of Jesus Christ. We seek to fulfill this mission by making disciples of men, women, and young people who
Worship God, Connect with others, and Serve our city and world.
Scope of Position:
The Director of NextGen/Family Ministries position exists to direct the spiritual growth of the children and youth of Calvary. This includes running a full children’s and youth program (birth through high school) for all Sunday and mid-week services
or events, as well as developing an overall strategy for family ministry. The Director of NextGen/Family Ministries has a love for children and teens, but also a passion to partner with parents in the spiritual development of their families.
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, mission, and purpose statements of Calvary Baptist Church.
- Support the leadership of CBC, contributing to a spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
- Oversee all Children’s and Youth ministries birth through 12thgrade
- Coordination of curriculum and ministry objectives. Currently, we are using the Orange Curriculum (http://thinkorange.com/) through grade 7 and would like to extend it through High School.
- Identify, recruit, train, and develop teams and leaders in each ministry area.
- Proactively communicate with parents and equip them with practical resources for the spiritual growth of their children/youth.
- Complete special assignments as requested or assigned.
- Oversee ministry department budgets and other resources.
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed.
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in education or Christian ministry). Master of Divinity preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a full-time ministry situation with children and/or youth. At least 5 years of total ministry experience, preferably in an urban context.
- A desire to teach and mentor children, youth, and families in biblical truth.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- A sense of calling toward pastoral ministry.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
If you would like to apply, please email your resume, statement of faith, and personal testimony through the link provided by Church Staffing.