Middle School Director Resident/18-25 Community Builder
- is a pastor in training who has a clear sense of calling and character working on the final 18 months of their professional development.
- Also: 21 years or older, at least 2 years college, proven work experience, Sr. Pastor recommendation.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Student Ministry Pastor Kenney Bahr MINISTRY DESCRIPTION
- Middle School Resident
- Purpose: To lead in developing, overseeing, evaluating, and conducting a complete program of ministry 6th-8th Grade Students at North Church in keeping with the vision/mission of the church.
- Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, Pastor, Teaching, Administration.
- B. 18-25 Community Builder
- Purpose: To assist in the development of the 18-25 ministry. To reach millennials at North Church, and in Spokane. To be a community builder with this specific demographic in the church at large.
- Spiritual Gifts: Encouraging, Pastor, Hospitality, Serving.
- C. Residency Leadership Pathway
- The Resident would be responsible to meet with various Pastors on staff to learn, be equipped, and trained on personal, ministry, and pastoral responsibilities.
Timeframe: These job descriptions will be reviewed throughout the year and is subject to revisions.
Middle School Resident (20 Hours)
- Leadership. Identify and recruit a team of volunteer leaders who implement the 6th-8th vision and mission. Implement a plan for leadership development that includes trainings, coaching and mentoring, ongoing challenge, and evaluation
- Cast Vision. Develop and communicate vision for your teams, students, parents and for the larger church on an ongoing basis using a variety of different venues and approaches.
- Team Building. Ensure that leaders recruit teams of volunteers who will execute elements of worship, teaching, small groups, and multi-media.
- Leader Development. Ensure that volunteers/leaders are receiving excellent on going training through the youth ministry leadership track.
- Appreciation. Ensure that volunteers/leaders are receiving encouragement and support on a regular basis.
- Strategic Planning. Work with the student ministry pastor to develop a specific ministry vision, goals, objectives, benchmarks, plans, activities, and budgets.
- Curriculum. Oversee selecting, ordering, updating, implementing Bible based curriculums that communicate our mission, values, and doctrine in a creative, relevant, and compelling way.
- Events. Schedule and plan events and activities that build memories, sustain enthusiasm and provide opportunities for students to invite friends.
- Link. Effectively linking of North Kids and youth ministries through collaboration with North Church staff, key transition events, and short and long-term strategic planning.
Pursuit 18-25 Ministry Community Builder
- Community Builder. Attract and invite young people into the 18-25 ministry, draw people in meaningful relationships, assist in building a community of young adults at North Church who love Jesus, and love other people.
- Events. Assist in Scheduling and planning events and activities that build memories, sustain enthusiasm and provide opportunities for young people to invite friends.
- Program Implementation. Assist in implementing the program of Pursuit as requested and needed, helping grow the vision and scope of the program.
Staff Team Member:
Be a team player, model a servant's heart, participate in church functions, and share in the general ministry at North Church.
Residency: at the end of the residency this person will be and be willing to move onto another position if that is where God is calling them too. North Church is committed to assist in sending
this person out into a healthy growing community.