Greetings! I'm glad you found us. We are in the process of seeking a
Family and Children's (K-6th) Pastor to help us accomplish our mission of
"helping people find and follow Jesus" by partnering with parents and families as a Team to disciple their children so that they have the best opportunity to become life-long followers of Jesus Christ.
New Life Community Church is a thriving, non-denominational church located in beautiful Asheville, NC. We have existed as a church for 21 years and currently average about 650 in Sunday attendance. Our mission is "helping people
find and follow Jesus" and we are committed to reach the community and the world to
"equip disciples to make disciples" as they follow closely to Jesus. Though we are growing significantly in numbers, our highest priority is creating a culture of discipleship and encouraging transformational change through an ever-
growing relationship with Jesus.
New Life provides a welcoming environment that is attractive to guests and "regular attenders" coming from all places along the faith and socio-economic continuums. Our ministries are relevant and impactful for starters and returners
as well as for those who are more "seasoned" in their spiritual life.
Asheville is a very vibrant city with a diverse, eclectic population which provides great opportunity and challenge in reaching people with the gospel of grace. New Life has an excellent staff team that enjoys great chemistry together as
well as enjoying the adventure of collaberating and creating innovative ways to serve God and help others know Him.
As we describe in detail the qualifications for this job and the responsibilities that we deem essential for a qualified candidate, we ask that you respect these parameters as you consider the submission of your resume. This will be greatly appreciated.
The Family and Children's (K-6th) Pastor should demonstrate ongoing godly characteristics that mirror those described in 1 Timothy 3
- A Bible College or Seminary Degree from a recognized and accredited institution
- A minimum of 3 years in family/children's ministry demonstrating the skills associated with family counseling/mentoring and the application of the cognitive nuances of early childhood education
- A willingness and ability to pioneer new initiatives and inspire others in order that people can be reached with the gospel in a creative and relevant way
- A self-starter with proven ability to develop
and implement strategy
- A Team player with strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working well with Teams in a multi-staff church
- The ability to connect well relationally with parents and children
- Possess strong teaching ability and communication skills
The Family and Children's Pastor shall oversee all elements of the Children's Ministry which includes two primary roles: (1) Ministry to children and (2) Ministry to parents / family.
MINISTRY TO CHILDREN (K-6th):
- Lead weekend Children's Ministry (K-6th) worship services on Sunday morning
- Select curriculum and teaching materials for worship, teaching and large group sessions as well as for small group activities. (We are currently using the Orange curriculum for Preschool and Children's Ministry)
- Invest in leaders by recruiting, training, motivating, shepherding and providing pastoral care to all Children's Ministry teachers and leaders
- Plan age-appropriate activities and projects for small group time that complements and reinforces weekly teaching
- Meet one-on-one with Children's Ministry volunteers 2 - 3 times a year
- Work closely with our Youth Pastor to help children make a healthy transition to student ministry
- Design and implement a successful follow-up process for guests, "missing" kids and their families
- Oversee Children's Ministry Safety and Background Checks for volunteers
MINISTRY TO PARENTS/FAMILY:
- Partner with parents to guide, mentor and disciple their children so that they have every opportunity to know and follow Jesus from an early age
- Coach individual families as needed in the evangelism and discipleship of their children
- Resource parents to interact with their children's material / lessons so they can continue discipling their children at home throughout the week
- Sponsor 2 - 3 family events annually in order to equip parents to parent in a more effective and biblical manner
- Plan and lead activities and outreach events periodically in order to infuse our kids with the DNA of mission from a young age
- Foster a Team atmosphere among all volunteers in the Family/Children's Minsitry
- Counsel and encourage kids and families regarding professions of faith and baptisms
- Supervise the Children's Ministry Assistant
- Prepare and manage a Family and Children's Ministry budget approved by the Elders
- Oversee the design and development of the Children's Ministry environment
- Maintain general knowledge and supervision of all the Children's Ministry environment, space and supplies
- Keep the Children's Ministry social media and website pages up to date