A Musician, Media Leadership Opportunity in Lubbock, TX (home of Texas Tech University)!
Wesminster Presbyterian Church (an Evangelical Presbyterian Church situated in the heart of Lubbock) is seeking to partner with a Worship Leader for its modern service - with oversight of the traditional service and all artistic components of services.
Great community: A worshipping congregation (average 260 Sunday AM) who loves Christ and loves the community.
Great tools: All updated sound, lighting, and video capabilities (a completed $100k project)
Great team: Capable, willing volunteer and paid musician teams.
Must be a musician.
Must enjoy leading.
Must love people.
Must love Christ, above all.
Experience needed, willingess to be coached and be a team-player, necessary.
Lubbock is a high-plains city with lots of benefits - including affordable, new housing; great schools; great musical heritage - as the home of Buddy Holly (some say, the father of Rock and Roll).
to apply, please include audio and/or video link demonstrating music leadership.
The role of the Director of Worship Arts is to envision, lead and facilitate artistic expressions of worship in the context of the Contemporary Worship Service of Westminster Presbyterian Church (“WPC”) and to provide production leadership support for the
Traditional Worship Service.
- Provide primary musical worship leadership (singing, instrumental) for the Contemporary Service.
- Provide overall Worship Presentation Leadership through developing, overseeing, encouraging, growing and training the volunteer and paid teams responsible for facilitating the Sunday morning worship experience (i.e. music teams, for contemporary, in particular;
set-up/tear-down teams, media teams, sound teams, usher teams, student teams for contemporary and traditional services).
- Create and maintain a culture of excellence in worship preparation and presentation by planning weekly and special worship services in partnership with the Pastors and Worship Staff; creating and implementing audition processes for worship team members;
implementing and leading regular training modules throughout the year for new volunteers; developing guidelines and expectations for worship team members- including working within the worship team framework and leading discipleship components (i.e. praying
regularly with and for your team, discipling your team).
- Creating and working in structures that make artistic excellence possible: This includes providing regularly scheduled times for rehearsal and training, as well as scheduling and conducting special services (such as funerals and weddings) and seasonal rehearsals
- Providing leadership for filming of sermons during the service and uploading to social media following each service.
Administrative and Community Duties:
- Maintaining licenses for song and video use (CCLI and CVLI))
- Creating and communicating schedules for volunteer teams.
- Maintain and grow the contemporary worship song repertoire.
- Design media slides within Pro Presenter for slide projection in worship.
- Develop and manage with the Worship Committee the worship program budget.
- Attend, as required, continuing development education seminars.
- Learn and maintain software for electronic signage (for on-street marketing of WPC).
- Integrate as much as possible in to the life of Westminster Presbyterian Church and, when possible, participate in all-church activities, such as but not limited to retreats, and seasonal gatherings.
Accountability and Evaluation:
- Reports to Head of Staff (Pastor) directly, with regular consultation.
- Accountable to Session via elders of Worship Ministries and Personnel Committee with monthly reports.
- Participate with all ministry staff in team building exercises to include but not limited to, weekly staff meetings, staff retreat and staff gatherings for fellowship, discipleship and training.
- Performance and terms of employment are reviewed by the Pastor, Worship Committee and Personnel after the first 90 days and annually thereafter.
- Must be committed disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, with an understanding of the essentials of the Christian faith, possessing personal maturity in leading and serving others, and committed to living the Christian lifestyle.
- Have a sense of calling to the arts within the context of worship.
- A people-person with strong up-front presence.
- Must possess a willingness to be trained and professionally developed.
- Have a strong commitment to own spiritual, physical, and emotional well-being.
- Have a strong commitment to servant leadership, working well independently, as well as part of a team.
- Preferred Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Musical mastery of an instrument.
- Proficiency in music theory as appropriate to contemporary worship leadership.
- An understanding of the music and culture of the genre of contemporary worship.
- Scriptural knowledge, theological competency, and knowledge of the essentials of the Christian faith.
- Proven experience in worship leadership (such as, working with teams, up-front leadership in a prior worship context).
- Technical skills in computer use, to include but not limited to word processing, Pro Presenter or comparable worship software, Planning Center, communication through social media, Facebook, text, email, etc.
- Graphic design, photoshop, web design a plus.
- This is a full-time salaried position
- Salary shall be competitive and will include benefits.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory completion of a background check, including an investigation with the State and Federal authorities regarding any history of criminal activities and personal and professional references.
*Please provide a detailed resume with all relevant experience and references.