Genesis Church Worship Leader Job Description
Worship Team Leader
PURPOSE: It is the primary purpose of the Worship Team Leader to develop a worship ministry capable of providing inspiring and engaging worship services that encourages the body to enter into corporate and personal worship to the glory of God.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Worship Leader will be accountable to the elders and will regularly meet with the senior pastor.
• Leads the congregation toward authentic worship, through modeling and teaching such worship.
• Recruits, schedules, and leads the worship team to include the singers, instrumentalists, sound techs, and computer technicians. Further building the team is of primary importance.
• Provides guidance to each of the team members in their individual development in relation to their walk with Christ as well as their technical abilities on the team.
• Regularly meets with the Pastor for planning worship services and evaluation of previous services.
• Prepares for, and holds rehearsals for worship team during the week and Sunday mornings.
• Evaluates and plans songs based on the quality of the lyrics, the theme of the sermon and demographic of the congregation.
• Performs other duties assigned by the Pastor.
REQUIRED CHARACTER TRAITS
• Maintains personal, spiritual and professional growth.
• Maintains a reputation which brings honor to Christ and respect to Genesis Church.
• Agrees with the Genesis Church doctrinal statement, and vision.
• Has experience in leading worship at one or more churches.
• Has some experience and understanding with Audio / Visual equipment.
- Preferred that the candidate is proficient in one or more instruments such as guitar or keyboard.
• Part-time (Ten hours per week).
• Between $750-$1,000 per month.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR GOAL IN WORSHIP
The elements of worship at Genesis church allow us as a congregation to recognize Christ for who He is and to humbly invite Him into the rightful place in our lives. With this in mind the worship leader must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ who each
week is spiritually prepared to lead the congregation.
The worship leader in preparing the worship services should be sensitive to the needs of the body when selecting the songs along with a full range of instruments. The worship leader will weave together the various elements of the service in such a way that
God is glorified, Christ is lifted up and the worshippers are invited to enter into the presence of God. In choosing music for our worship services, we do not want to be restrictive or formulaic, but we want to give the worship leader the freedom to draw from
the great songs of old as well as the songs that are being written in this generation. In our music we want to be both celebratory and reflective. All songs chosen should be biblically and theologically sound and performed in a way that invites the congregation
to sing with hearts full of praise to our God.