Bay City Church is a church plant in San Francisco. Our church is looking for a worship leader for our very diverse context in the south east part of San Francisco. We would love a leader who can swim in multiple streams, playing general evangelical music,
but also playing Gospel and Latin style worship to reach the community we serve. An ideal candidate is ethnically diverse themselves with a desire to build a multi-ethnic church through worship and community
This is very much a start-up position, helping us build the culture of our church as we launch this year. There is a lot of room for leadership, vision shaping and strategy. Ideally, this role would help us create the sound for the multi-ethnic church movement
we hope to start in the city.
As a preface, we are a part of the Acts 29 network, and so candidates must hold to our doctinal distinctives and the distinctives of Acts 29 found here. http://baycity.church/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Bay-City-Doctrinal-Statement-PDF.pdf
Primary Reporting: Lead Pastor
Secondary Reporting: Management Team
Position Status: Full-Time or Part-Time - Tax Exempt Salary (Salary dependent on candidate skill set and capacity.
Position Summary: This role is responsible for the execution of Sunday Gathering worship sets, including the set up and tear down of all equipment for the church. The role requires a desire to learn and grow in playing worship in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural
context. This person should seek to create a multi-cultural sound that ministers to the very diverse community the church is seeking to reach. This also requires the recruiting and mentoring or other leaders in worship for the church.
Worship ministry: Execute worship gatherings with excellence and synergy
- Play instruments effectively
- Exceptional vocal skills
- Ability to lead other musicians in worship
- Ability to effectively draw in the church towards worship in Jesus
- Recruit and mentor other worship leaders for the church
- Ability to play a multi-ethnic variety of music (Gospel, General evangelical, Latin)
- Comfortable in multi-ethnic/multi-cultural spaces
Operations: Facilitate the mobilization of volunteers to allow the gathering to thrive
- Responsible for set up and tear down Sunday gatherings, including worship and tech equipment
- Willing attitude to lead others towards excellence
- Possible use of Planning Center to mobilize volunteers
Biblically qualified according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
•Agrees completely with Bay City Church’s Leadership, Purpose and Doctrinal
• Love for building ministry of the local church.
- Support and Champion the Bay City Church discipleship tool’s
• Leadership — Ability to lead and set direction for other leaders within the church.
• Experience—It is preferred that he has served faithfully and fruitfully in a worship
role with a job description similar to this one.
• Possesses the ability to catalyze people to a common goal
• Organized, assertive, excellent interpersonal relationship skills, strong integrity.
• Able to lead both by example and written and verbal communication.
• Easily draws people toward a destination; people naturally want to follow them
- Support and care for the Lead Pastor and his family.