Reports to: Director of Operations
Mission: Honor God. Follow Christ. Serve People.
Vision: We are a community of people inviting God to use our stories to grow and strengthen His Kingdom.
About Our Community
Bonney Lake is a city of 20,500 people situated 20 miles northeast of Tacoma, Washington. It provides access to many outdoor activities with three local lakes, rivers, the Cascade and Olympic mountains and serves as a gateway to Mount Rainier National Park.
Bonney Lake boasts excellent schools and a small-town feel with many local amenities as well as easy access to Tacoma and Seattle. Younger families represent a significant number of our community. Most have little to no church background. Currently, one of
the largest planned communities in the state is under development on the east side of town bringing many new families to the area.
At Lake Tapps, we aim to cultivate authentic and growing relationships that produce disciple-making followers of Jesus. Creating environments where followers of Jesus are encouraged, and unchurched people feel welcome is a key priority for our church. Lake
Tapps’ worship leader will work closely with our Creative Arts Director/Producer to create worship services that engage our church community as well as our unchurched guests. Emphasis is on relational ministry; therefore, a high priority will be placed on
shepherding the worship team and leading the congregation in a way that communicates warmth and care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as shepherd, building strong character in the worship team, providing accountability and coaching toward personal spiritual growth and health in alignment with Lake Tapps’ mission, vision and values.
- Work closely with Creative Arts Director/Producer to ensure the vision for the Sunday morning service is captured.
- Ensure the worship team is always working toward musical excellence, including mentoring, coaching and encouraging private practice.
- Know all songs, lyrics and instrumentation well enough to be able to direct musicians during rehearsal and services without barrier during Sunday service.
- Recruit, train, schedule and direct musicians and support staff.
- Schedule and lead weekly rehearsals.
- Lead and manage the Multimedia Team as active, contributing members of the worship team.
- Review evaluation videos and audio recordings and provide specific feedback to the team on strengths as well as areas for improvement.
- Review evaluation videos and audio recordings and provide specific feedback to the Creative Arts Director/Producer on areas of focus for continued excellence.
- Evaluate and maintain music, sound and A/V equipment in best working condition. Submit maintenance requests and supply/equipment orders as needed and in consideration of the budget and good stewardship principles.
- Lead worship for leadership events and special events and services as required.
- A born-again believer who exhibits a love for God. Must nurture inner self through a disciplined life of daily fellowship with God in worship, prayer and Bible study.
- A shepherd’s heart exemplified by love and passion for people. Must actively pursue authentic and accountable relationships in community with other believers.
- Eagerness to embrace the mission and vision of Lake Tapps Christian Church in a way that influences leadership decisions and direction.
- Ability to lead and manage volunteer teams efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to communicate and establish caring relationships with people in all levels of spiritual development, conveying a genuine concern for their needs and a desire to provide exceptional service and care.
- Ability to build strong character in others, providing accountability and coaching toward personal spiritual growth and health.
- Possess a “learner” mentality, maintaining a humble, flexible and teachable spirit.
- Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities including the ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems.
- Maintain God-ordained priorities by putting Jesus Christ first before everything else.
- Give at least a tenth of your income to the mission and ministry of Lake Tapps.
- Be a committed member of a Lake Tapps Community Group.
- Invest in and invite the unchurched to Lake Tapps and into a relationship with Jesus Christ.