The Senior Pastor is called by God to be the congregation's spiritual leader and shepherd; a godly person, filled with the Holy Spirit, devoted to prayer, and wise in the character and ways of the Lord. This person must model a life of holiness and integrity,
have deep faith, and be committed to ministering the Gospel with a heart to bring others to Jesus Christ, shepherd them to Christian maturity and equip them for the work of the Kingdom. This person must be grounded in the wisdom and instruction of the Holy
Scripture and dedicated to its supreme authority.
The Senior Pastor must believe in orthodox doctrine as expressed in the Chapel Covenant and must welcome all Christian traditions as befits our interdenominational Chapel, help us celebrate the Christian Year, and conduct a sacramental ministry through Baptism
and Holy Communion.
We seek a person of the Word and the Spirit who has strong leadership, communication, and pastoral skills, who leads a life of humility, prayer, and integrity, displays the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit, has a heart for Amelia Island, and will unconditionally
love the people of our mature, conservative congregation.
- WORSHIP—Facilitate and lead well planned, coordinated, and inspirational traditional and contemporary worship services, faithful to Scripture and the diversity of our traditions. This includes administration of Holy Communion, baptisms, weddings and funerals.
- PREACHING—Biblical, instructional, thoughtful messages.
- TEACHING—Facilitate and lead classes designed to teach the Gospel, study the Bible, and advance the Christian maturity of the congregation including "Witnessing for Christ."
- PASTORAL CARE—Ensuring the pastoral care of members, especially in times of particular need. This includes spiritual guidance and counseling. Fostering a strong spirit of unity and community life in the Chapel so that all members will be known and loved.
- A postgraduate degree in theology.
- A record of seeking to grow in ministry skills and relationship with the Lord.
- Experience pastoring healthy churches and demonstrated ability to lead others effectively.
SALARY AND OTHER BENEFITS are negotiable and will be commensurate with background, experience, and qualifications.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE at www.ameliachapel.com for more information about the Chapel.
TO APPLY please submit your resume and any other helpful information by email to: Frank Malone, Search Committee Chairman at
email@example.com or by mail to: Frank Malone, Search Committee Chairman, Amelia Plantation Chapel, 36 Bowman Road, Amelia Island, FL 32034