Christ Community Church (CCC)
We hold to a vision where these 5 values would be lived out by our families:
Worship together weekly, Deepen your relationship with God,
Join a small group, Invite others to faith, and
Invest in your church.
Purpose of this Position
The purpose of the position of the Pastor of Middle School Ministries is to be an effective evangelist and disciple maker in the broader vision, ministry and context of Christ Community Church.
- Bachelor's Degree in Christian Education, Youth Ministries, Bible, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of full time Student Ministry experience preferred in a larger student ministry setting.
- Demonstrates the gifts of leadership, administration, and teaching.
- Capable of recruiting, training, and managing lay ministry staff.
- Displays ability to build meaningful relationships with a wide variety of students, parents, and volunteers.
- Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with supervisor and coworkers within the Family Ministries Team.
- Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
- Have a love for and commitment to developing students personally and spiritually.
- Embrace and embody the mission and values of CCC.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide ministry outreach opportunities to middle school students in the community.
- Create gatherings that invest in the spiritual lives of students to meet them where they are and disciple them to be followers of Christ.
- Coordinate opportunities for students to serve in outreach and missions activities locally and/or nationally.
- Identify, recruit, train, equip, and empower adult volunteers.
- Train students for leadership and develop responsibility, accountability, and involvement of students in ministry and in the church at large.
- Oversee planning and implementation of Life Groups.
- Work closely with High School Pastor to plan, strategize, and implement programming & events that draw students in so they can come to know, love, and serve Christ.
- Ability to work within a set budget.
- Invest in students and leaders both relationally and spiritually.
- Works closely with the student ministries team.
- Reports to the Director of Family Ministries.
For more information about Christ Community Church, please visit cccrochester.org.