Position: Youth Pastor Ministries
Mission Statement: We exist in both our student and adult ministries to;
Make our love for God our priority: emphasizing a high view of scripture and Christian practice that points back to the love and grace that God has freely bestowed on us.
Care for one another: as Christ has cared for us, and called us to not only love God, but also love each other unconditionally.
Compel others to follow Jesus: Through a focus on Christ's great commission to go and make disciples, honoring the name of Christ in everything we do.
Qualifications: This individual shall be a man of established and true Christian character, sound in faith and doctrine. He must subscribe to the Doctrine and the Constitution of Melrose Community Church (available
at www.melrosecommunitychurch.org). He must serve as an example to the body in the area of servant leadership, devotion to the word, and in the ministry of prayer.
Responsibilities: We have a small staff so serving in multiple roles will be expected.
* Maintain and enhance existing junior high and high school ministry program.
* Provide for Sunday School class teaching, lead weekly youth gatherings and plan youth events.
* Maintain relationship with both the youth and their families in the church and community.
* Sustain, encourage and develop future student service and leadership.
* Train, work alongside and care for volunteer staff.
* Deliver a sermon once a once a quarter.
* Report at overseers (Elder Board) meetings. * Participate in church leadership retreats.
* Other duties as assigned by Sr. Pastor in areas of ability and or giftedness.
Purpose: This position is to be focused on fulfilling the mission of Melrose Community Church in the lives of the children and student ministries by walking along side both the students and their families, pointing
them to Christ, and raising up faithful disciples to go out into the world as equipped and confident followers of Jesus.
Education: A Bachelors degree in ministry
Experience: Experience leading or directing youth and/or children's ministry is required.
Previous experience in a pastoral leadership role is preferred.
Communication Lines and Accountability:
The Youth Pastor is accountable to the Senior Pastor. He will work closely with and receive his direction from the Senior Pastor.
Compensation and Benefits:
Melrose Community Church offers a competitive salary, vacation time and complete health care coverage for the entire family.