Job Summary -
The primary purpose of the youth and family pastor is to biblically shepherd the youth and families of Refuge Church as they become disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Be a follower of Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and be in theological and practical agreement with the Statement of Faith of Refuge Church.
- Have a passionate desire to teach God’s Word.
- Graduated with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with other staff and church members.
- Be a self-starting, organized hard-worker with the ability to carry out administrative component of this position
- Experience working with or leading a growing youth and family ministry.
Ministry Responsibilities -
- This is a full-time salaried position.
- Become a member of Refuge Church.
- Generate the vision and facilitate the execution of weekly youth group meetings effectively to staff, volunteer leaders, parents and students.
- Develop or acquire curriculum for and lead ministry programs which are in agreement with the vision of the youth and family ministry and of the church.
- Effectively recruit, train, mentor, and provide oversight of qualified volunteer leaders to assist in carrying out the vision and programming of the ministry.
- Responsible for teaching and/or recruiting Sr. High and/or Middle School Sunday School class.
- Facilitate and participate in short-term youth mission opportunities, camps and other avenues that would promote Christian growth and maturity.
- Assist other pastors on staff in other areas of ministries of the church as needed.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and family ministry.
- Propose and adhere to the annual ministry budget.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with staff, volunteer leaders, parents, and youth by helping them grow in their personal spiritual lives.
- Provide effective communication with students, parents, volunteers and other church members by using all available communication resources (email, website, bulletin, social media, etc.).
- Youth Pastor reports directly to the Pastor Staff/Leadership for spiritual and ministry guidance.
- Participate in monthly Christian Education Board Meetings.
- Attend weekly meeting with staff for prayer and planning.
- Annual evaluation will be provided by an assigned Deacon.
Compensation & Benefits -
Salary will be based on experience. Benefit package includes: health Insurance, retirement benefits, vacation pay, education allowance and mileage reimbursement allowance. Specific compensation package will be discussed.
Submit letter of application, resume and references to Administration at Refuge Church at firstname.lastname@example.org