LIGHTING/STAGE DESIGNER Contributes to ministry environments by creating and maintaining lighting and stage elements that are stimulating, inspirational, and attractive. This person reports to the Production Director.
Full-time salaried position, Sunday through Thursday; requires flexible hours. May include some nights and weekends, and will average about 36 hours/week.
Submit resume to email@example.com
Experience & Abilities
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Degree or equivalent work experience in the field of theatrical lighting design.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years theatrical lighting experience. Theatrical/Concert lighting experience required. Set design/construction experience required. Experience with DMX (ART-NET,/Streaming ACN), Jans Vista, and Vectorworks or CADD software. Basic audio
and video knowledge/experience preferred. Comfortable running lifts and working in catwalk (not afraid of heights).
- Specific Abilities: Ability to function independently. Good time management. Utilize good judgment and problem-solving skills; good technical and multitask skills; a self-starter/self-motivator; is eager to learn and grow; is dependable, a quick learner,
and is detailed; possesses good team-leadership and project management skills. Be able to lift heavier weight. A self-motivator who recognizes what’s needed and does what’s necessary to facilitate it. Possesses a genuine heart and interest toward helping communicate
God’s heart through lighting and stage design.
What This Person Does
- Coordinates and implements multiple stage designs and set changes throughout the year and prepares for needed changes from week to week.
- Coordinates with Student Ministries to design and change stage sets multiple times annually.
- Provides lighting designs and programming for all Worship Center events as needed.
- Collaborates with the Production Director to develop and maintain the annual stage/lighting budget.
- Serves on the Media Design Team to collaborate on series designs from Ideation to Evaluation, then creates and coordinates stage designs with team members.
- Recruits and trains qualified volunteers to provide coverage for running lights during services and special events as needed.
- Serve as light board operator a minimum of two Sundays each month.
- Prepares and implements a schedule for a team of volunteers to build out stage and lighting designs.
- Ensures that all platform spaces are clean and in order. This includes sweeping, mopping, and painting regularly.
- Ensures that all stage elements, props, furniture, etc. are on stage and in place for services.
- Ensures that all gear is cleaned and maintained regularly.
- Completes projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Live a lifestyle that reflects Biblical standards.
- Be a member of Worship Center, or willing to become a member.
- Attend worship services regularly and participate in the life of the church family.
- Participate in small group life.
- Tithe to the Worship Center.
- Fully embrace WC Staff Core Values.
Staff Core Values
1. A growing relationship with Jesus
• Loving God and loving others is the core of who we are
• Staying grounded in God’s Word and filled with the Holy Spirit is the best gift we can give to each other and the church
• Be real, open, and humble; have a servant’s heart
• Integrity and character matter
• We live out what we say we believe and teach, e.g. the value of relationships, serving, tithing, generosity, etc.
3. Work hard and have fun!
• Enthusiastic, positive, faith oriented attitude
• Can-do, make it happen mindset
• Self-directed, motivated
• Don’t take ourselves too seriously
4. Honest communication with coworkers
• Believe-the-best is the default position
• Have each other’s backs; builds trust
• Don’t let conflict or disappointment go underground–resolve it (Matthew 18:15)
• We always bring our best
• We are resourceful and make the most of what we have
• Excellence honors God and inspires people
6. Empower Volunteers
• Serving our volunteers is a priority – “how can I help?”
• Engaging others is better than doing it myself
• We can’t do it without them!
7. People really, really matter
• We accept and love people right where they are
• We will do everything we can to reach people
• We will treat everyone with respect
• People are more important than policy