The Children’s Pastor provides direction and oversight for the entire Crossway Children’s ministry at Crossway Church (birth–6th grade). This includes vision, leadership, training, support and oversight to all Children’s Ministry staff, volunteer & paid.
The Children’s Pastor works closely with other staff and is expected to contribute to the overall vision and mission of the church.
The Children's Pastor is responsible for the implementation and development of programming and budgeting for the spiritual formation of children and equipping of parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
- Provide vision, strategy, & development for the Preschool Director and all Children’s Ministry environments (birth –6th grade).
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth - 6th grade, including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, summer programming, special events, etc.
- Oversee and help prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning, promote fellowship and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Provide a system of care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Plan, implement and oversee special events such as Winshape Camp, Family Fun Days, Family Dedications, etc.
- Oversee the provision of childcare for ministry events as directed, including, but not limited to, productions, group discipleship, church wide special events etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skill Set:
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Basic working understanding of “Orange” Family Ministries (Think Orange, The Essence of Orange, Reggie Joiner), or equivalent programs.
- A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Previous experience with direction and administration of large church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries, or equivalent experience with children’s education can be considered.
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs and budgets.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Ability to reach out and connect with families involved with Crossway Church’s Children's Ministry.
- Competency with basic computer software and various project/planning software (ie. Basecamp; Planning Center)
- Ability to supervise and direct Children’s Ministry staff (2 part time positions).