College Avenue wants to reconcile all people to God while we grow together in Christ. We are in San Diego, a coastal Southern California city about 120 miles south of Los Angeles and along the border with Mexico. San Diego is the second largest city in
California (behind Los Angeles) and the 8th largest city in the United States. Our city is known for its temperate weather, beautiful beaches, and U.S. Navy presence. Our city is ethnically diverse:
- White – 45%
- Hispanic/Latino – 29%
- Asian – 16%
- Black – 7%
- Mixed Race – 5%
In addition to our English worship service, we are home to several international church families on our campus (Latino, Japanese, Eritrean, Indonesian, Burmese, and Vietnamese) who worship in their indigenous languages. Our church is located near the 35,000
student San Diego State University.
The candidate who fills this position will be a leader of leaders with the primary responsibilities of serving as our church’s Chief of Staff, Vision Implementer, and Director of Operations. Our new XP will provide executive and strategic Kingdom leadership;
empowering, equipping, and resourcing people to be gospel-centered and outwardly focused, reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ.
The successful candidate will:
- Be willing to become a member of CABC, maintain good standing, and possess the qualifications to serve as a CABC Overseer (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical relationships (Matthew 5:23-24, Matthew 18:15-17, Ephesians 4:25-32).
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of College Avenue.
- Possess a strong gift of leadership and be able to develop/mentor leaders.
- Have a track record of building and improving organizational systems.
- Be a lover of people.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years managerial or executive level leadership experience with an organization of at least comparable structural complexity.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of ministry leadership experience.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
To be considered for this position, candidates MUST submit the following:
- Resume and photograph
- Cover letter
- Written statement of your Christian journey
Submit your materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org