Overview and Job Description
Connection Point Church near Kansas City, Missouri is currently in the search process for our next Worship Pastor. Our Worship Pastor is retiring after 38 years of ministry in our church. We believe this senior staff level position will be a major key role
in our church’s future growth and in fulfilling our vision of being a disciple-making church that plants multisite campuses all over the Kansas City metro area.
About Connection Point Church
Connection Point Church was formerly known as First Baptist Church of Raytown. We went through a rebranding process in 2017 when we launched our first multisite campus in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. Today, our congregation is one of the largest
churches in the Midwest. In 2013 and 2015, we were featured in Outreach Magazine’s list of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Churches in America. We have an average weekly worship attendance of over 2,000 (compared to 1,500 in 2012) and a Bible study (on-campus
small group) attendance average of 1,300.
Connection Point currently has three Sunday worship services at the Raytown (broadcast) Campus:
- 9:15am – led by a praise team, 80-voice choir and 30-piece orchestra.
- 11am – led by a worship band.
- 5pm – led by a small acoustic band. We hold this casual worship service in our Atrium around tables and chairs. We serve complimentary coffee, tea, pastries, cookies, etc. Our pastor preaches the same message as Sunday morning.
In 2017, we launched our first multisite campus in the growing suburb of Lee’s Summit. We took a core launch team of 150 from Raytown, and this campus is now averaging 300 over two identical services: 9:30 and 11:00am.
Connection Point is known in the community for several things. In the past, we hosted (each year) the Heart of America Christmas Pageant that utilized a 500-member cast and crew and it saw an attendance of nearly 20,000 people who were able to experience
the complete story of the life of Christ.
We also began a ministry to the community known as Hope Network. Every year, we invest hundreds of thousands of dollars back into our community in goods and services that include food, clothing, job training, addiction recovery, and other services and support.
We recently opened our own medical clinic with a complete medical staff that supports those who aren’t able to afford healthcare services. The Mission of Hope clinic also provides dental needs and pregnancy care.
Connection Point is also known in the community for our ROC Fitness Center (Recreation Outreach Center). We have more than 2,000 members of our fitness center, most of which are not members or affiliated with any church, which presents a prime outreach opportunity.
Our fitness center employs multiple personal trainers and offers numerous group fitness training throughout the week. The ministry of the ROC also incorporates our bookstore and a restaurant.
One of the strengths of our church is our commitment to small groups and training every new member to be “a disciple who makes disciples.” Our church has created the LifeCoach Discipleship program, which is now being used by churches all over the world to
make disciples through our interactive app for iOS and Android devices as well as our workbook.
Our heart’s passion is for us to be a church of disciples making disciples. The following statement defines our mission as Connection Point Church:
We exist to point people to a connection with Jesus Christ, one another, and God’s purpose
for our lives.
Who are we looking for?
- This person needs to be a pastor who has intense training in this field, proven effective ministry experience, a team player, strong communicator, high emotional intelligence (great people skills), a builder of teams, and someone with godly character.
- Bring leadership to all ages and areas where worship leading is desired and needed. Build an army of worship leaders across all ministry areas and campuses.
- An approach to ministry centered on the Bible.
- We are looking for a high-capacity leader who is passionate about worship and “eats, sleeps, and breathes” all things pertaining to worship arts ministry. The ideal individual will be someone who is consistently learning and growing in his skill set as
well as investing in other church leaders in regards to worship ministry.
- Loyalty and a complementary personality and philosophy of ministry to the Lead Pastor
- Willing to network with other worship pastors in order to determine best practices for ministries.
- Our vision is to plant additional disciple-making campuses of our church all over the KC metro area. We want our worship pastor to always be looking for, recruiting, and training potential worship pastors to serve with him.
- The ideal candidate is currently serving as a worship pastor with a proven track record of experience in leading worship ministry for a church of 1,000 or more in attendance. Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree or seminary degree preferred.
- Expertise in worship ministry as it pertains to church growth, keeping up-to-date with the most successful current methodologies.
- Familiarity with how to use technology in ministry.
- The worship pastor will provide oversight to multiple full-time staff members in the worship and media ministry areas.
- He will report directly to the Executive Pastor of Ministries and will serve as a member of the Leadership Team guiding the overall vision, systems, and processes for our church’s future.
- His primary role will be investing himself into recruiting, discipling, and developing worship leaders and volunteers to grow our choir, instrumentalists, praise team
- If the applicant is skilled in communications, he may be given opportunities during the year to teach.
- The worship pastor will help us determine what the future of our “Christmas outreach” looks like. Our annual Christmas Pageant (featuring our choir, orchestra, and
drama ministries) was a huge draw to our community. We took the year off last year to determine the best way for us to move forward in the future, and we are waiting on God’s choice for our next worship pastor to help us discern what the Lord would have us
to do next.
- The worship pastor and his staff will develop a follow-up system that recruits new members to worship arts ministry as well as maintain accurate data on group
participation and activities, celebrate stories of lifechange, and personally model a disciple-making lifestyle.
- In addition to working primarily with adults, this individual will manage his own staff team and provide training and advisement to all worship arts ministries
including preschool, children, and student choirs. A fulltime administrative assistant is also provided.
- This staff member will have a great deal of freedom and flexibility to make decisions and lead our people in a way that fits his vision for our worship ministry without being micromanaged. We want this pastor to serve in the areas where he is passionate
and gifted, and we will staff around his weaknesses.
Salary and Benefits
- An above average salary and full benefits package will be provided for this position. Benefits include health insurance for the family, as well as dental, vision, and life, and disability insurance.
- Full retirement benefits.
- Comparable vacation and ministry travel leave.
- This position qualifies for an office suite and a full-time administrative assistant.
- A continuing education / conference budget / professional ministry expense budget will also be included.
For more information or to submit a resume for consideration, please feel free to contact Julie Herron, Executive Assistant to the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.