PLEASE APPLY HERE --> bit.ly/2ps4odO
Weekly Attendance: 300
Denomination: Non-denominational, SBC
Location: Cincinnati, OH
About the Organization:
Lead Pastor Jeff Arington and his wife, Valarie have served the SonRise Church and congregation since 1998. Before becoming the Lead Pastor, Jeff was president of a publicly held pharmaceutical company. While attending a great but fairly traditional Baptist
church in the area, Jeff and Valarie felt God leading them to find a way to engage their non-believing neighbors with a community church where they might be more likely to attend. At the same time, they were approached by a young pastor from a church planting
network (North American Mission Board) and asked if they would host a Bible study at their home that would serve as a catalyst for a new church plant in the area.
They said yes and began hosting the study attended by several of their neighborhood families. The Bible study continued to grow over the next 10 months with the adults led by the young pastor and the children led by an awesome group of mission minded volunteers
from a rural Baptist Church.
SonRise Church was launched in October of 1998 in a local elementary school. Several months into the public services, the pastor left due to family issues. Jeff and Valarie, along with a handful of core families, decided that God had called them to continue
on with the vision and mission of SonRise. They began to study Rick Warren’s book, The Purpose Driven Church, view his teaching tapes, and teach messages based on the same material. With the help of a wonderful retired missionary couple, the group
continued on with public services. Through the process, God continued to work in Jeff and Valarie’s hearts, calling them to a deeper commitment of leading SonRise Church.
In the meantime, the company Jeff was leading was bought out by another company and they offered Jeff a buyout and severance package. Now, Jeff could walk away and devote his full attention to leading SonRise.
He has never received a salary and he and Valarie have faithfully served the church for the last 20 years.
Today, SonRise Church meets in its own building on a beautiful hillside in a strategic location. The Church is a vibrant, stable, outreach-oriented community of faith serving Cincinnati’s eastside in Columbia and Anderson Townships, including Maderia, Indian
Hill, Mariemont, Fairfax, Terrace Park and other surrounding suburban communities.
About the Position:
SonRise Church is looking for a Lead Pastor who will develop and provide visionary leadership for the church through senior level leadership and development of the staff and congregation. This will be accomplished primarily through vision casting, teaching,
spiritual formation, missions, leadership development, and staff management.
The Lead Pastor will develop and implement an environment that inspires the people of SonRise Church to move into the future together while working towards a common goal to share the Gospel, consistently keeping the core values of the church in focus.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Lead Pastor:
A bachelor’s degree in religious studies or a similar field of study from an accredited Christian university is required. A Masters of Divinity or comparable graduate degree or higher from an accredited university or seminary is strongly desired.
The ideal candidate for the Lead Pastor will have three to five years of proven, strong and decisive leadership, experience mentoring staff, and a strong understanding of budgeting, operations, and administrative systems. They will have a proven track record
of ministry excellence and growth as well.
- The Lead Pastor feels called to lead SonRise Church into the next season of ministry.
- They are a visionary leader and able to clearly communicate and demonstrate direction for SonRise Church’s future.
- They have excellent communication and people skills.
- They enjoy humor and don’t take themselves too seriously.
- They are a great communicator with sound, in-depth biblical teaching from the pulpit.
- They have an evangelistic and passionate spirit.
- They are strong in organizational leadership and team building ability.
- They have rock solid integrity.
- They are secure in themselves and have a high emotional intelligence (EQ).
- They have an intentional intergenerational mindset.
- They are spiritually mature and relationally secure.
- They are quick to admit when they are wrong and ask forgiveness, and are quick to forgive others.
- They demonstrate physical, emotional, and spiritual discipline.
- They can draw the best out of the staff and hold them accountable.
- They are a leader of leaders.
- They have a strong family dynamic where healthy, biblical marriage is modeled. If they have kids, they lead their family well, as a team with their spouse. The family unit is invested and involved in the church.
- They are a high energy person, with a charismatic personality: outgoing, engaging, and culturally relevant.
About the Location:
SonRise Church is a vibrant, stable, outreach-oriented community of faith serving Cincinnati’s eastside in Columbia and Anderson Townships, including Maderia, Indian Hill, Mariemont, Fairfax, Terrace Park, Newtown and other surrounding suburban communities.
These suburbs of Cincinnati are attractive and popular for the excellent school systems in a wholesome and safe family environment.
The community offers a great standard of living for its residents, including pride in the common green spaces. It’s also a short commute into the big city. There is a high quality of life in amenities and many recreational and sporting activities for all
SonRise Church is specifically located in the Mariemont School District. Mariemont High School is an elite, public school. It has 505 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at
least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
These suburban communities are great options for families - with spacious and affordable housing options, businesses and restaurants making life in the suburb enjoyable and various options right at your fingertips. It’s not too far from the city either -
so when you live here, you get the best of both worlds.
Cincinnati is a fun, vibrant, sophisticated, entertaining, high-tech, compact, and urban city. Amidst the gently rolling hills along the Ohio River, the city spreads from the southwestern corner of Ohio into Northern Kentucky and southeastern Indiana. The
city is located about mid-point on the shoreline of the 981-mile long Ohio River.
Cincinnati not only offers professional sports (Cincinnati Bengals and Reds) but also a national acclaimed theater district (off Broadway plays, ballet, museums) and the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical gardens. Cincinnati is also a short drive to Chicago IL,
Lexington KY, Louisville KY, Indianapolis IN and Cleveland OH.
National accolades keep increasing for Cincinnati, as a premier destination for conventions, meetings, and leisure travel. They include:
- Best Places to Live – Livability.com (2014)
- Top City for Young People – Time Magazine (2014)
- 3 Children’s Hospital in the Nation – U.S. News & World Report
- 5th Most Affordable Metropolitan Area – Forbes (2014)
- Best for New Business – Site Selection Magazine
- 3 Healthiest City in the Country – Men’s Health Magazine
- 9 Safest City in the United States – Forbes
- 3 Top U.S. Travel Destination – Lonely Planet
- One of Top 10 Smartest Cities – Motovo (2013)
- 10 Greenest City – NerdWallet Finance (2014)