A leader of leaders who effectively implements Hope Community Church’s mission to love people where they are and encourage them to grow in a relationship with Jesus. Cultivate a culture of people development and ensure volunteers are recruited, trained and
empowered to own and implement the ministry strategies. Implement environments designed to partner with the family with an emphasis to reach students of the church, connect them in authentic community, invest in them to grow in their faith, and help to serve
at Hope, locally, and globally.
LEADER OF LEADERS
- Take initiative as leader of leaders who can effectively recruit, train, empower, and appreciate volunteers.
- Lead in the application, interviews, background checks, and pipeline process for your volunteers.
- Consistently meet with and invest in volunteers to support them in their spiritual and ministry development
- Be in a growing relationship with Jesus and as a leader model 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leaders.
- Be a magnetic gatherer of students, volunteers, and parents.
- Consistently find ways to begin, grow, and develop relationships with volunteers, student leaders, and students, (and empower volunteers to the same goal).
- Be a biblically relevant and effective communicator to students, volunteers, and parents, through live and video platforms as required.
- Continuously seek opportunities for growth to ensure students, volunteers, and parents are engaged and challenged by biblically relevant and effective teaching.
COLLABORATOR & TEAM PLAYER:
- Be an excellent collaborator who works well with and on multiple teams to help effectively communicate and implement the vision and mission of the Student Ministry of Hope Community Church.
- Collaborate with The Family Ministry Team to ensure smooth transitions of children and students.
- Effectively implement Hope’s strategy and environments for Student Ministry at campus level, while supporting agreed upon initiatives at your local campus.
- Utilize various modes of communication to engage students, parents, volunteers, and staff.
- Be an effective creator, organizer, and manager of events, programs, time, resources, student tracking, and budget.
- Recruit and empower organized volunteers to ensure the essential details of the ministry support and maintain effective programming and events.
PARTNER TO THE FAMILY:
- Be a partner to the whole family through encouraging, equipping, and empowering parents / guardians to become the spiritual champions at home with their kids.
- Growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus
- Leader of leaders and builder of volunteer teams
- Relationally focused and committed to developing others
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Strong communicator of vision, strategy and objectives
- Committed team player
- Committed to partnering with parents
- Speaker and teacher
- Student of the culture and student ministry
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer and social media skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Outlook
Other Specific Duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand and apply all HR policies for your team
- Affirm and support the statement of faith of Hope Community Church
- Abide by all budget allocations
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in related discipline, pastoral/youth ministry specialization strongly preferred
- 5+ Years of experience leading or volunteering in Student ministries
- Experience leading students in a church or camp setting (multi-site church experience preferred)
- Love Jesus, Love Students