First Baptist Church of Elkhart, IN
First Baptist Church is an unusually different independent, regular Baptist church in Elkhart County, Indiana. Located 15 miles from South Bend in a community with a population of 51,000. Basically, we are an assembly of broken, fickle people, who are trying
to be like Jesus, with the goal of loving God, loving people, and penetrating our world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. See more of what we are all about by going to our website
AVL Technical Support Lead
To provide support that allows the Worship Pastor to attend to other responsibilities as he leads the Worship and Production departments for the church. This position will be responsible for the oversight and operation of all audio, video and lighting systems
within the church campus, as well as all production volunteers as they relate to, but are not limited to, the weekend worship experience, other church ministry needs, special events, concerts, weddings and funerals. This position will also recruit, train and
develop volunteers in use of all technical systems. In addition, this position will work with the Worship Pastor in leading a team and empowering God’s people to fulfill the Mission Statement of the church.
· Provides leadership and oversight to all systems support.
· Leads the Sunday service production team.
· Runs “Front of House” (FOH) or other positions where needed.
· Assists in recruiting, training and maintaining a team of volunteers.
· Provides spiritual leadership and care for the team of volunteers.
· Provides audio and video mixing for church recording projects and facilitate the necessary postings
for the church’s online content.
· Assists with developing and creating the stage sets as needed.
· Assists with the development of ministry plans relating to AVL tech needs.
· Assists with the research and provide recommendations for additional AVL equipment when needs
have been identified.
· Provides technical support and volunteer management to campus ministry events outside of the
· Provides system maintenance, coordination and acquisition for AVL equipment in all venues on campus.
· Maintains a high level of excellence in all technical aspects of the position.
· Oversees execution of all AVL systems to ensure a seamless experience to minimize distraction
and to enhance the worship and growth of those who attend any of our services or events.
· This position is accountable to the Worship Pastor.
· This is an hourly waged job that provides up to 40 hours of work every week.
· Pay range is $16.00 to $20.00 per hour.
· This is a full-time position with a full benefits package.