We are looking for someone to come in and help steward what God is doing in our Junior High and Young Adults ministries. We would welcome someone who could love on our rapidly growing Junior Highers as well as shepherd our young adults. We want someone who
will join us in putting the Gosepl in play while creating environments that provide fun and personal growth for jr highers and young adults.
I. JOB SUMMARY:
Under our mission to connect people into vital relationship with Jesus, this position will work out of our Mission, Vision and Values to prepare God’s people for works of service so that the body of Christ may be built up…that we may present everyone mature
in Christ (Ephesians 4:12; Col. 1:27-29).
The Jr. High & Young Adult Director will put the Gospel in play while creating Step environments for Jr. high students and young adults.
Education: College Degree or higher.
Spiritual: A vital, growing relationship with Jesus and a practice of consistent spiritual disciplines of prayer, scripture reading and service.
Theological Training: A minimum of 15 credits in biblical and theological studies.
Discipleship: Show competency in building both personal and small group discipleship.
Programs: Show competency in developing programs that facilitate outreach and discipleship.
Speaking: Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate the Gospel, prepare messages and evaluate series content.
Technology: Mastery of computer basics, social media tools, Planning Center, Pro-Presenter, Pages, Keynote and personal management software. Have some AV knowledge.
Interpersonal: Strong leadership, communication and conflict resolution skills; positive attitude and team oriented mindset; Humble and teachable heart.
III. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development and implementation of Jr. High Ministry, ensuring excellence in teaching, discipleship and family spiritual connection.
- Develop and lead teams which implement ministry to Jr. High students, their families.
- Lead the development and implementation of weekly young adult ministry, ensuring excellence in evangelism, teaching, discipleship and spiritual connection.
- Develop and lead teams which implement ministry to Young Adults in the South Valley.
- Implement weekly Jr. High ministries that include dynamic teaching and small group discipleship.
- Create and implement regular Jr High outreach programs.
- Implement Annual Camps for Jr. High.
- Implement weekly young adult ministries that include dynamic teaching and small group discipleship.
- Create and implement regular Young Adult outreach programs.
- Implement an annual camp(s) for Young Adults.
- Develop outreach programs to reach young adults in the South Valley.
- Develop key discipleship relationships with team leaders and ministry participants in both young adult and Jr. High ministries.
- Ensure three levels of personal discipleship (being discipled, discipling others and peer discipleship relationships).
- Actively participate in the overall life of the church. To include but not limited to Sunday worship service, prayer events, special congregation and community events.
IV. Physical and Mental Characteristics
Physical, mental and emotional stamina to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position and the express agreement to our church’s Lifestyle Commitment Covenant.