Position Purpose & Overview:
The Worship Ministry at CRC is comprised of the Praise Band and Production Team. The Head Worship Leader will be the primary person leading the Praise Band and overseeing Sunday worship at CrossRoads church. This position includes planning and executing
a weekly rehearsal on Thursday nights and leading worship for 2 services on Sunday mornings. This is a paid part-time staff position and will direct report to the Lead Pastor and work in conjunction with the Administrative Pastor.
Who is CrossRoads Church?
CrossRoads is a contemporary church located in the neighborhood of Larchmont on the West side of Norfolk, Virginia that has a heart for reaching the Campus, Community, and World. We are comprised of people from all walks of life with a heavy military, college,
young adult, and family focus. We function as a family on mission with a strong desire to know Christ, live in community together, and pursue the world around us with the love of Christ.
Core Values: Discipleship, Spirit led, Mercy & Justice, & Gospel centered
Mission Statement: To love the Lord our God wholeheartedly and lead others to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Check out our website for more information on our values, ministries, and beliefs.
Head Worship Leader Primary Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Meet and communicate with pastoral staff as needed weekly about scheduling, service planning, coaching/support, equipment needs, and event planning. Will notify the pastoral staff of any team issues or concerns.
- Scheduling of praise band and production team (6-8 weeks at a time) and ensure that weekly schedule is filled and any holes are filled. Admin Assistant to assist as needed. Will utilize CCB and encourage team to do so.
- Production Team (Sound, Video/Slides, Cameras, Lights) and equipment will be managed by other staff. Head Worship Leader will communicate with Pastoral staff about equipment needs and issues.
- Weekly hours include Thursday rehearsals, 2 Sunday morning services, planning and preparing songs, scheduling, coordinating with Pastoral staff and band.
- To plan a minimum of 2 social events per year for the worship ministry.
- To actively engage in church life and community - life group, bible studies, Sunday services, church events, etc. Will attend church services (when not on volunteer schedule) as much as possible.
- Will communicate with Pastoral Team in advance any dates they will be out town.
- Will lead worship 3 out of 4 and 4 out of 5 Sundays each month. Will oversee worship and coordinate with band leaders on weeks they are not leading.
- Attend all-staff meetings every 6-8 weeks (approximately 2 hours in evenings)
- In conjunction with Pastoral staff, identify and develop future band leaders and assist with recruiting new volunteers
- Salary: $7,500 per year
- Start date: by April 2018
- Estimated weekly hours: 10-12 per week
- Thursday night rehearsal: 2.5 hours
- Sunday mornings: 5.5 hours
- Other Duties: 2-4 hours
i. Scheduling, overseeing band leaders on off-weeks, practicing/preparing for Sunday worship, & communicating with worship team and staff.
Additional Needs & Responsibilities:
The below is a list of additional responsibilities that CRC needs covered but they are not required for the Head Worship Leader position. Additional compensation will be offered depending on which duties are added. If all of these duties are added it is
another 8-10 hours per week (20+ hours per week) and title would be Worship Ministry Leader.
- Onboarding and screening of new volunteers (band and production team)
- Training and oversight of production team volunteers
- Management and oversight of production equipment
- Help grow and expand media capabilities such as live streaming/Facebook Live, creating video announcements, editing and posting weekly sermon video/podcasts, etc…
- Attend monthly creative meetings
- Attend weekly staff meetings (Tuesday 10 am to 12 pm)
- Lead worship at other events (church conferences, church events, worship nights, funerals, weddings, etc.)
Send resumes and address questions to Kevin Tremper (Lead Pastor) by April 1, 2018 email@example.com