Overview and Position Description:
Grace Chapel is seeking a full-time Worship Director who is passionate
about serving our congregation through Christ-centered, dynamic worship,
a time to celebrate and accelerate our Spirit-led awakening and
The Worship Director will accomplish this by fostering the worship
environment at Grace Chapel in which its teams lead our congregation and
visitors in weekly worship experiences, worship nights and special
services, while shepherding the people who serve in this ministry. As
such, the candidate must mature in their faith, be a visionary who is
creative in leading people to God, and excel in musical excellence.
The Worship Director would partner with the Senior Pastor, the Elder of
Worship, the Deacon of Worship, the Technical Director, and members of
the worship team to oversee and coordinate all the details of our public
worship experiences. The Worship Director is a leader who can
communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to
join in the pursuit of that vision and also serves as a shepherd to the
people who serve in this ministry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execute long term worship ministry vision of Grace Chapel
• Set long term goals for worship ministry
• Set and achieve specific goals for growth in worship
• Lead a movement in Grace Chapel to invest in others to grow both their
leadership and music ability.
• Recruiting, teaching, and training musicians in the church to serve the congregation
as a team with musical skill and humility.
Create a Meaningful Expression of Worship
• Plan the corporate worship services of Grace Chapel in consultation with the Senior
Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and
musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the
service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, sound
and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, and vocalists.
• Lead the congregation through an authentic praise and worship experience in
weekend worship services, worship events and special services.
• Create a worshipful environment with musical and technical competency.
• Use discernment and prayer to select appropriate music and text for worship based
on sermon topics, needs of the congregation, seasonal times of the year, etc.
• Have an oversight and leadership role alongside the Senior Pastor and Elder of
Worship in vision casting and implementing of worship ministry vision.
• A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship
• Commitment to moral purity.
• Commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Worship philosophy of Grace Chapel.
• Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, i.e. has grown a music ministry over
the past few years?
• A pastor as well as a musician. (This does not mean ordained.)
• A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship
• Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a growing suburban church
in Christ-centered, dynamic worship.
• Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
• Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
• Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting,
computers, PowerPoint, and video projection.
• Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
• An enthusiastic self-starter
• A team player with a positive attitude.
• Sensitive to the leading of the Spirit and guide the congregation accordingly.
Participate in Church Leadership
• Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor to develop a vision for the worship service at
• Lead the musicians and other worship team members to implement the vision.
• Own and execute vision in weekend worship experiences, worship nights and special
• Oversee Deacon of Worship, Technical Director, Weekend Worship Leaders
and Worship Team Members to implement worship vision.
• Communicate with Senior Pastor in a weekly Worship Service Planning
• Be competent in the usage of common worship coordination software tools
• Be an informed resource as well as develop a competent team regarding sound
equipment (hardware and software), recording equipment, stage presentation
The pdf of this posting can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13LgFKoYs6Gwrg6UGMoFbS29wPqas6usc/view?usp=sharing
Please include audio/video of leading worship along with your resume.